Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7281182 times)

Mental Minister

• Underling
  • I love Beer, Bikes, and (.Y.)
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3960 on: July 09, 2014, 12:38:04 AM »
Hello all this my first post to this forum or any forum for that matter. I do read and check on it periodically and read posts its kinda like a window in a prison cell and CoX is my freedom. However in the past few days I have had a spark of faith "thanx Ironwolf" that this game be turned back on. Like many of you I tryed other games none of them filled the void and often I just end up deleting them and watch a few youtube videos of CoX "thanx Michelle aka Samuraiko Productions". I started playing City of Heroes shortly after release and two account later and countless hours of game play, no other game can compare to CoX. Ok I am not good at typing in boxes however after reading this post for the past few days I just want to thank all the frontline heroes in this fight for are home. Oh and /e holdtorch 
My arm hurts holding this torch. I shall endore

TBoxer

• Underling
« Reply #3961 on: July 09, 2014, 12:39:58 AM »
Okay, I heard that there's one more signature needed to get CoX back up and running. I'm here now. Where do I sign? ;D
/jranger

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3962 on: July 09, 2014, 12:42:44 AM »
My go-to CoH mouse is one that it would be painful to replace.  I've been using it with laptops for probably close to 15 years, and if it ever dies I have no idea what I'll do.  Probably buy a used model for triple what I paid for it new and hope for the best.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-D67-00001-Trackball-Optical-Mouse/dp/B00005853X/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TH3Y6H5F4A0ME7T0D2J

It's weird, the stuff that I associate with CoH...

While CoH was still alive I retired my trusty but old Dell and made an annoying discovery.  My namesake's travel power was super jump.  I drove him using the arrow keys.  I made the annoying discovery that new keyboards are made more cheaply and only have a single diode for a group of keys.  The net effect is there are certain keys you can't use at the same time.  So... I could jump (spacebar), move forward (forward arrow), but I couldn't turn right (I *think* it was right -- its been a long time) at the same time.  I went through three keyboards until I finally found the Logitech G15 that I'm typing this on.  Its on its second computer now and its getting a little worn, but it still works.  If it dies I guess I get another of the same so I can jump and turn at the same time.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:47:56 AM by Goddangit »

Ezuka

• Minion
« Reply #3963 on: July 09, 2014, 12:54:38 AM »
While CoH was still alive I retired my trusty but old Dell and made an annoying discovery.  My namesake's travel power was super jump.  I drove him using the arrow keys.  I made the annoying discovery that new keyboards are made more cheaply and only have a single diode for a group of keys.  The net effect is there are certain keys you can't use at the same time.  So... I could jump (spacebar), move forward (forward arrow), but I couldn't turn right (I *think* it was right -- its been a long time) at the same time.  I went through three keyboards until I finally found the Logitech G15 that I'm typing this on.  Its on its second computer now and its getting a little worn, but it still works.  If it dies I guess I get another of the same so I can jump and turn at the same time.

Yeah, when gaming, an anti-ghosting keyboard is almost necessary. I use the g510, and I absolutely love it. I think it's just a newer/different model of the g15, but the G series of keyboards is wonderful. They're nice and spacious and especially quiet compared to other keyboards I've used. Really though, a higher-end keyboard is worth the purchase just for comfortable typing; gaming is just a bonus.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #3964 on: July 09, 2014, 12:58:26 AM »
Reminds me of my mercs MM, Gunny Sargent. ("Sargent" is an actual last name, but I kept being accused of misspelling "sergeant" and lying about it. :/ ) I named his mercs Private Enterprise, Private Property, Private Practice (the medic, of course), Private School, Private Eye and Corporal Punishment. Part of the fun of MMs is naming the henchmen. :)
Hmm, my bots MM had Orly, Yarly, and Norly; El Mao and Roffle Mao; with Oh Em Gee as the big guy.
And then there was my Necro/Poison MM whose powers were the result of being a terrible cook, Granny Trichinosis, with zombies named Ham Sandwich, Pork Brisket, Raw Bacon, etc.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3965 on: July 09, 2014, 01:10:11 AM »
Doesn't have the extra programable buttons. For me that's the kicker. I do like the trackball where the ball is at your thumb compared to at your fingers. But it needs the programablebuttons. The back/forward buttons don't cut it unfortunately
www.amazon.com/dp/B0043T7FXE/
What are you looking at? It has four customizable buttons. Plus back/forward browser buttons which typically can be remapped in games (I know my Logitech mouse's back/forward browser buttons can be remapped) which means it has potentially six. And it's only $36, not $360! XD
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3966 on: July 09, 2014, 01:10:25 AM »
Nyx, I had a toon like the one in your signature: a MA stalker named Dum Luk, just for NPC comments like, "Dum Luk saved my cousin from the Skulls!" It works in Champions, too: "Dum Luk succeeded where even the Champions failed!"
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #3967 on: July 09, 2014, 01:54:36 AM »
Hello all this my first post to this forum or any forum for that matter. I do read and check on it periodically and read posts its kinda like a window in a prison cell and CoX is my freedom. However in the past few days I have had a spark of faith "thanx Ironwolf" that this game be turned back on. Like many of you I tryed other games none of them filled the void and often I just end up deleting them and watch a few youtube videos of CoX "thanx Michelle aka Samuraiko Productions". I started playing City of Heroes shortly after release and two account later and countless hours of game play, no other game can compare to CoX. Ok I am not good at typing in boxes however after reading this post for the past few days I just want to thank all the frontline heroes in this fight for are home. Oh and /e holdtorch 

You're welcome. :)

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Sullster

• Underling
« Reply #3968 on: July 09, 2014, 02:46:34 AM »
Having initially posted that I was on the fence about character/account data being available with the game, I have now changed my viewpoint slightly. After gaining access to my old email account that was associated with COX I found a whole folder of stuff with loads of purchase information for various packs such as superscience etc. Didn't actually realise how much money I spent before.

Having also sussed out my old login details which I initially had no idea about considering my passwords change regularly. That being the case I had no clue what nearly 2 years ago was, on login I was greeted by:

The game(s) associated with this NCSOFT Master Account are no longer available. If you migrated your account to an NC Account, please log in with your email address. Otherwise, you may create a new NC Account by clicking the button below

So hoping they still have all the associated data to go with. Not a deal breaker as I don't mind starting from scratch as going to be rolling a Fire/Fire Dom following my fire theme both in my gaming and real life (Been playing on Mids like crazy). My main at the time of shutdown was a Speedster Scrapper SJ/SR who had purple io's and rares galore. Would love to be able to strip him of the two 3% defense IO's the Numis regen and others I can't remember to give my Dominator a nice boost once levelled. Having said that I'll gladly start from scratch either way I want to go Home!

Edit: Also a Big Thanks to Ironwolf for all the updates and reintroducing Hope into my life!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:54:23 AM by Sullster »
The Original Suicidal Fire/Thermal Corruptor
Union Server

Posi Chimp

• Underling
« Reply #3969 on: July 09, 2014, 02:53:04 AM »
Wow!  I've spent a large chunk of the day perusing this thread.  Thank you so much for your efforts Ironwolf, both in fanning the flames of TFHM and in keeping the community updated so much.  Thank you also to the nameless group from US that are working to make this deal happen and bring back the City, in whatever form that takes!  If/when the time comes, I'll happily help out in whatever way possible.

It doesn't happen all of the time, but over the past 53 years I've seen that sometimes things seem to move as if there's an energy, a current, moving towards a specific eventuality.  I hope that energy is moving this effort towards success and add my best wishes, hopes to those already stated.   :)   ;)

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #3970 on: July 09, 2014, 03:05:48 AM »
I am Tsalagi [...]
That's pretty cool.  Do you know the language/syllabary?  I'm a bit of a language enthusiast and love meeting folks who know languages I'm not familiar with.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3971 on: July 09, 2014, 03:26:32 AM »
Page 199!  :)  Still hoping.

And my bruiser on my Thugs MM was Phil Paine.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3972 on: July 09, 2014, 03:32:43 AM »
Page 199!  :)  Still hoping.

And my bruiser on my Thugs MM was Phil Paine.

Not even a few days ago it was like, page 180 or something.  The pages keep piling up, and up, and up.....
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #3973 on: July 09, 2014, 03:34:28 AM »
Nyx, I had a toon like the one in your signature: a MA stalker named Dum Luk, just for NPC comments like, "Dum Luk saved my cousin from the Skulls!" It works in Champions, too: "Dum Luk succeeded where even the Champions failed!"
;D i've always maintained a mix of serious and absurdist characters in nearly every game. A more unusual example was my character named "a hero? Maybe" on one of the EU servers. (Don't recall which one anymore.)
Freakshow 1: "Who is that?"
Freakshow 2: "You fool! It's a hero? Maybe! Get him!"

Not even a few days ago it was like, page 180 or something.  The pages keep piling up, and up, and up.....
It's at 80 pages for me...
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #3974 on: July 09, 2014, 03:34:44 AM »
The pages keep piling up, and up, and up.....

Like lockboxes in CO.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #3975 on: July 09, 2014, 03:39:55 AM »
Like lockboxes in CO.
lol,i get the reference :D
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #3976 on: July 09, 2014, 03:41:59 AM »
If anything, it's fun to see an active CoX community again. This has been a treat to watch and follow.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:54:27 AM by Relitner »
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3977 on: July 09, 2014, 03:43:45 AM »
My go-to CoH mouse is one that it would be painful to replace.  I've been using it with laptops for probably close to 15 years, and if it ever dies I have no idea what I'll do.  Probably buy a used model for triple what I paid for it new and hope for the best.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-D67-00001-Trackball-Optical-Mouse/dp/B00005853X/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TH3Y6H5F4A0ME7T0D2J

It's weird, the stuff that I associate with CoH...

Boy, since CoX closed I got a gaming mouse and one of those G19 keyboards and would just LOVE to get advice on how to get the most out of them from someone in reguards to CoX
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #3978 on: July 09, 2014, 03:46:53 AM »
Like lockboxes in CO.

I've got a few thousand vehicle lockboxes I'd be happy to unload...
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3979 on: July 09, 2014, 03:47:42 AM »
In a way, the timing of the shutdown and how the Coming Storm storyline was so built up as such a major threat to the multiverse does set things up quite well for various potential in-game explanations for the out of game events.
But I don't think that we'd need to skip 2 years, or much time at all, as the timeline was already rather fuzzy with very few concrete dates after 2004 - for example, at the time of the shutdown, players started with the destruction of Galaxy City (2011), and could then go on to arrest Frostfire (2004), investigate the goings on in the half-rebuilt Faultline (2006), head to Striga (2005), take a side trip to First Ward (2011), then travel to Peregrine Island (2004) - so the not having the game for the whole of 2013 wouldn't really need to be reflected in the in-game timeline.

yeah, and if they can't develop for CoX and more, I suppose they could just make the missed period of time we've experienced a story critical part of the beginning or background for CoX 2 :D Though it doesn't have to be the full two years, call it a few months of "whatever" maybe, would still make a great bridging point.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)