Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7273266 times)

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #4100 on: July 09, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »
Which FB page?  I belong to several survivors and I don't see this. ... and I thought we were to keep this rather quiet so as not to put pressure on the negotiations.

The City Of Heroes one has a post or two on this subject.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4101 on: July 09, 2014, 05:42:01 PM »
This is great news Ironwolf.  Hopefully, we're in the home stretch. ;) Huge thank you to you and the buyer team!  This is such an awesome community for supporting a game that has been closed for almost two years!!

Since there is no like button took the words out of my mouth  ;D

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4102 on: July 09, 2014, 05:44:02 PM »
I just went through the list of CoX badges at Paragon Wiki, and couldn't find one with the word "phoenix" in the name. So, I'm wondering: how feasible would it be to make a badge, named "Phoenix" or "Spirit of the Phoenix" or similar, to be automatically rewarded to players who start/resume accounts within a certain time after CoX's grand re-opening?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #4103 on: July 09, 2014, 05:46:14 PM »
I just went through the list of CoX badges at Paragon Wiki, and couldn't find one with the word "phoenix" in the name. So, I'm wondering: how feasible would it be to make a badge, named "Phoenix" or "Spirit of the Phoenix" or similar, to be automatically rewarded to players who start/resume acounts within a certain time after CoX's grand re-opening?

As a badger, I would love this and it would cause me to login on every character I have (unless it is account wide. Shoot, I'll probably do that login thang anyway!)
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
« Reply #4104 on: July 09, 2014, 05:50:27 PM »
Should CoH relaunch, I wonder how hard it will be to convince the new owners to start making available the AE badges that got yanked thanks to excessive farming. I still feel the loss of all those potential titles fairly strongly. :)
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #4105 on: July 09, 2014, 05:50:47 PM »
Sorry I see no "exploding" FB pages on this.  The COH I visited had 22 views... so I probably am missing something.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Happily Married

• ABSOLUTELY!!!1ONE
  • Minion
« Reply #4106 on: July 09, 2014, 05:56:56 PM »
Yes, but who wouldn't want to play on Freem and Hoorb?!?    :P

Name them after some of the BIT characters like: Null the Gull, Radio, and others.
@Happily Married
   (aka - Tennessee Bonfire, Capt Mercury, Mister Guardian)

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #4107 on: July 09, 2014, 06:03:16 PM »
Was thinking today that if the team trying to buy the game can get confirmation of purchase before Comic Con, it would be a good opportunity for marketing and announcing the come back of CoH to a large audience ;)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4108 on: July 09, 2014, 06:04:54 PM »
If the servers are expanded beyond eight, you'll want to pick the names carefully. I doubt you'd find many players signing up for Fusionette or Flambeaux. ;)

Hey, I got a title! I'm...I'm SOMEBODY!

They could always sign up for Azuria and watch their characters and stuff randomly go missing.  :P

And congrats on the title! Wheee!

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4109 on: July 09, 2014, 06:05:27 PM »
I would really, really like one of the new shards to be named Ascendant.
If there are new shards, that is.
It would be the new official RP server.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4110 on: July 09, 2014, 06:08:23 PM »
I would really, really like one of the new shards to be named Ascendant.
If there are new shards, that is.
It would be the new official RP server.

Vehemently seconded.

skippy7721

• Minion
« Reply #4111 on: July 09, 2014, 06:20:54 PM »
Well I just noticed that as a site creeper mostly, since April 11th of this year I have checked the forums 472 times...

I guess it's safe to say I'm excited.

Thank you Ironwolf and team for everything.

davpa

• Underling
    • Entropy Legion VG in Virtue
« Reply #4112 on: July 09, 2014, 06:21:26 PM »
Now I haven't read all of the 205-ish pages of this thread, but I'm assuming this didn't come up.  With all the issues of resurrecting the game, and getting our characters and such, am I to assume that a resurrected CoH/V will not have a Mac client?  I hope that is not just swept under the rug because I am/was/is a Mac user.  I can not tell you how great it was to have a MMO that supported your platform and not dismiss you.  I hope the new efforts take that in mind too that there are people like me that hope CoH/V comes back, but we also hope that it is supported on the Mac as well.
If life closes a door, open it back up.  That is how doors work.

Sophronisba

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4113 on: July 09, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »
since April 11th of this year I have checked the forums 472 times...

Hee. I'm pretty sure I've checked the forums 472 times today.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4114 on: July 09, 2014, 06:25:12 PM »
Now I haven't read all of the 205-ish pages of this thread, but I'm assuming this didn't come up.  With all the issues of resurrecting the game, and getting our characters and such, am I to assume that a resurrected CoH/V will not have a Mac client?  I hope that is not just swept under the rug because I am/was/is a Mac user.  I can not tell you how great it was to have a MMO that supported your platform and not dismiss you.  I hope the new efforts take that in mind too that there are people like me that hope CoH/V comes back, but we also hope that it is supported on the Mac as well.

AFAIK, the new operators would only need to write a new launcher to redirect the old client to the new servers. So, you'd still be able to use the client that you had before.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #4115 on: July 09, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »
Unless iron wolf types it, don't believe it.  Try not to feed the trolls, doomsayers or pie in the sky optimists which is pretty much the whole internet.
If it weren't for the optimists, this thread wouldn't still be going! No one would have tried to get the game back! :)

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4116 on: July 09, 2014, 06:30:41 PM »

Happily Married

• ABSOLUTELY!!!1ONE
  • Minion
« Reply #4117 on: July 09, 2014, 06:31:35 PM »
@Happily Married
   (aka - Tennessee Bonfire, Capt Mercury, Mister Guardian)

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4118 on: July 09, 2014, 06:33:32 PM »

A client for AmigaOS 4.1 would be brilliant! Finally an excuse to buy an AmigaOne X1000.  ;D

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4119 on: July 09, 2014, 06:34:19 PM »
If it weren't for the optimists, this thread wouldn't still be going! No one would have tried to get the game back! :)

I don't mind, if people are way off track I pull 'em back. Some folks have said things much better than I could and speculation is just the steam from our Nemesis level excitement escaping.

If you aren't excited by all of this stuff - then why would you be on the Forum? All the signal to noise is just line chatter and it is all good. Unless someone lets the excitement turn to other emotions - anger is a short step, then all the talk is just like getting near your house after a long trip, you just want to sleep in your own bed again.