Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7279451 times)

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3900 on: July 08, 2014, 09:54:43 PM »
Ok..So I've been gone for awhile...well A LONG WHILE ...whats all this new news I keep hearing rumors about

8) :o

A new group is trying to buy CoH from NCsoft, and they are making progress in the negotiations.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3901 on: July 08, 2014, 09:54:49 PM »
did I miss some recent news since Sunday?

Husk

• Underling
« Reply #3902 on: July 08, 2014, 09:56:44 PM »
My go-to CoH mouse is one that it would be painful to replace.  I've been using it with laptops for probably close to 15 years, and if it ever dies I have no idea what I'll do.  Probably buy a used model for triple what I paid for it new and hope for the best.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-D67-00001-Trackball-Optical-Mouse/dp/B00005853X/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TH3Y6H5F4A0ME7T0D2J

It's weird, the stuff that I associate with CoH...

I am in the same boat matey lol Microsoft Trackball Explorer 1.0...if it goes tits up then I don't know what I will do,the extra buttons are perfect for target near/target next which u need on a kin in the middle of a battle lol.

Regarding levelling quickly I was on a team a few months before shutdown and we invited a lvl 1 from Atlas and told him stay by the door and watch his xp bar,four hours later he was lvl 50 ;)
His last words were "guys I am a tank what powers do I pick",he hadn't levelled up since he entered at lvl 1.

Another thing I loved about CoH was that it tolerated inexperienced players on a team,I mean you could basically have 2 awesome chars on a team of 8 and they could carry the team easily while lesser experienced players got to learn tactics,pulls,etc.plus you got that feelgood feeling when u logged off.

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3903 on: July 08, 2014, 09:57:43 PM »
Yeah, I suspect that's how Ironwolf got his as well.... Some of us just don't "go away," and as a result...things get hashed out, properly understood, and in Ironwolf's case (I suspect) things get done.

Some of us just won't sit idly by and take no for an answer and be the "yes" men.

Cheers to Ironwolf!

May there be more like him, and less like the type who gives up and accepts status quo like "well, I guess that's just how things are...." :D

+1
... or, to quote a famed playwright ...

Quote from: George Bernard Shaw
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

I, for one am extremely pleased to know so many "unreasonable" people here...   ;D

Regards,

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3904 on: July 08, 2014, 09:57:47 PM »
A new group is trying to buy CoH from NCsoft, and they are making progress in the negotiations.

did I miss some recent news since Sunday?

The progress bar went up a notch.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3905 on: July 08, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »
I was considering a scenario where Battalion for a short period managed to use a small blackhole to dropped Primal Earth out of the timestream. Now 2 years have passed and suddenly Paragon is in the throes of another alien takover.

Nemesis is extremely unhappy.

All the portals were down and so all of the other universes are seriously worried at what could drop an entire planet out of touch.
it's not all a Nemesis Plot?!? lol JK :-X

RickJames

• Underling
  • DJ Rick James from Split Infinity Radio
    • Split Infinity Radio
« Reply #3906 on: July 08, 2014, 10:03:52 PM »

Awesome stuff   ** happy dance **
DJ Rick James
HR Manager
Split Infinity Radio
www.siradio.fm

Ultimalord02

• Underling
« Reply #3907 on: July 08, 2014, 10:04:16 PM »
i know one thing is i gotta bring all my cows back into the fray should this go thru

Termoonator
RoBullcop
Da Cybull
Zombull
Rabid Bovine
Super Moo
PowCow
InvuneraBull
InvinceaBull
IndestructaBull
FlameBroiledBeef
Miss Oleary's Cow
SmokedBrisket

god i miss those monstrosities :'(
"flicking lighter"....one day NcSoft...one day...

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3908 on: July 08, 2014, 10:08:00 PM »
i know one thing is i gotta bring all my cows back into the fray should this go thru

Termoonator
RoBullcop
Da Cybull
Zombull
Rabid Bovine
Super Moo
PowCow
InvuneraBull
InvinceaBull
IndestructaBull
FlameBroiledBeef
Miss Oleary's Cow
SmokedBrisket

Lmao....that's awesome
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
« Reply #3909 on: July 08, 2014, 10:09:35 PM »
it's not all a Nemesis Plot?!?
Not at all, but I hear this nice fellow named Mender Silos might be involved somehow.
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #3910 on: July 08, 2014, 10:14:03 PM »
My go-to CoH mouse is one that it would be painful to replace.  I've been using it with laptops for probably close to 15 years, and if it ever dies I have no idea what I'll do.  Probably buy a used model for triple what I paid for it new and hope for the best.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-D67-00001-Trackball-Optical-Mouse/dp/B00005853X/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TH3Y6H5F4A0ME7T0D2J

That is the exact trackball that I use too.  And i dread it ever dying on me. The extra buttons are so useful in games, but finding another track ball with at least five buttons seems almost impossible
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3911 on: July 08, 2014, 10:16:18 PM »
finding another track ball with at least five buttons seems almost impossible

What about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0043T7FXE/ref=pd_aw_sbs_1?pi=SL500_SY115
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #3912 on: July 08, 2014, 10:17:18 PM »
This is the trackball mouse I've been using since CoH beta...

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Optical-Trackman-USB/dp/B00006B9CR

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3913 on: July 08, 2014, 10:17:45 PM »

Termoonator
RoBullcop
Da Cybull
Zombull
Rabid Bovine
Super Moo
PowCow
InvuneraBull
InvinceaBull
IndestructaBull
FlameBroiledBeef
Miss Oleary's Cow
SmokedBrisket

Reminds me of my mercs MM, Gunny Sargent. ("Sargent" is an actual last name, but I kept being accused of misspelling "sergeant" and lying about it. :/ ) I named his mercs Private Enterprise, Private Property, Private Practice (the medic, of course), Private School, Private Eye and Corporal Punishment. Part of the fun of MMs is naming the henchmen. :)
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #3914 on: July 08, 2014, 10:18:42 PM »
I, for one am extremely pleased to know so many "unreasonable" people here...   ;D
QFT.

Almost two years after the shutdown announcement, players still care enough to fight for their game?

That's my kind of "unreasonable."

Joninator

• Underling
« Reply #3915 on: July 08, 2014, 10:21:33 PM »
Long time lurker, first time poster.

All kidding aside, the return of our home has been something I've thought about almost everyday since the shutdown. I know this subject has been brought up many times, and it seems to have died off a bit over the last day but I felt I needed to say this, if only to get it off my chest if nothing else.

I'm not sure all of us would be able to get ALL of our character back, even if the new team is able to get the data.

I say this because, well, how many servers are we going to have under the new team? Are we going to be allowed to have a max of 48 characters per server like we were able to during the initial run?

I bring this up because I was a server hopper. I had enough money to sub to the game, but buying extras wasn't really in my budget at the time. When the game went f2p, and we got the stipend, that alone helped me stay up on most of the things I wanted, like powersets and the occasional costume set. Extra character slots were not part of the budget back then so when I filled up a server I simply started making alts on other servers. In doing this I alleviated my severe altitis to an extent and met a lot of new people on the other servers. Pinnacle was my home, so all my extra vet slots went there ( think I had 20+ alts there, all lvl 50), but I had Virtue, Defiant and Justice maxed out as well. Most of the other English speaking servers had alts as well, some of them near capacity.

All told I believe I had more than 120 alts, 50+ were lvl 50.

Now, unless we get more than 2 servers back AND can max out to 48 alts per server I'd still have to max out 2 servers plus most of a third to get everything I had back.

Granted, I don't know just how the new team will run CoH: Reborn, but I do find it unlikely they will reopen all 15 servers to us. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they have a plan to make it a "one server' type setup similar to how Champions Online works. Using globals to separate out duplicate hero names. While that has been argued as well, I don't care what system they use for that, I'm good with either.

For me, the characters I had, the items they held, the SG's they belonged to... all these things were destroyed during the shutdown. I can live with not getting them back. I would certainly LIKE to get it all back, but it may not be feasible for *me*. If I were to get everything back, I'd likely have to start up a second account for new alt ideas... which isn't a bad thing, just costly. And as for deleting... not gonna happen, I couldn't bring myself to do that, after everything they and I have gone thru.

Luckily, this is a fictional universe, one populated by super heroes. Alternate universes, clones and/or coming back from the dead are old hat.  :)

I can reroll and still have a ton of fun!

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3916 on: July 08, 2014, 10:22:17 PM »
Reminds me of my mercs MM, Gunny Sargent. ("Sargent" is an actual last name, but I kept being accused of misspelling "sergeant" and lying about it. :/ ) I named his mercs Private Enterprise, Private Property, Private Practice (the medic, of course), Private School, Private Eye and Corporal Punishment. Part of the fun of MMs is naming the henchmen. :)

On my Bots/Traps MM, I named the robots thusly:

Assault Bot: CPE 1704 TKS
Protector Bots: CRM 114 and KMA 367
Battle Drones: LV 426, TK 421, and RU 486

Look those up if you don't know.  :D

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #3917 on: July 08, 2014, 10:24:25 PM »
Oh, so this is more of a "can't" instead of a "won't". That makes more sense to me now. No one had bothered to explain that to me.
Not a definite "can't", though.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #3918 on: July 08, 2014, 10:25:01 PM »
What about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0043T7FXE/ref=pd_aw_sbs_1?pi=SL500_SY115
Doesn't have the extra programable buttons. For me that's the kicker. I do like the trackball where the ball is at your thumb compared to at your fingers. But it needs the programablebuttons. The back/forward buttons don't cut it unfortunately
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #3919 on: July 08, 2014, 10:26:12 PM »
Been in a similar situation when my favourite mouse has been stolen earlier this year. Found one for sale, kept hunting for spares, found two more eventually. :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.