Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210670 times)

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3980 on: July 09, 2014, 03:53:21 AM »
I've got a few thousand vehicle lockboxes I'd be happy to unload...

Mumble grumble TF2 crates.

And also page 200! :O

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3981 on: July 09, 2014, 03:55:10 AM »
I am Tsalagi (cherokee) and while I don't believe as many do - I do believe there are things greater than yourself and you can choose to allow them to guide you. You can ignore them to your peril, but I have seen so much in 55 years that I cannot possibly imagine some of the things that happen are random. This is not the place for more but you can feel the tidal wave of excitement. We all feel it.

It's called hope.

We know the road ahead is not easy - but we have a road, we still live.

And we have each other to take that road together, frankly I think that means the world, the love and support of a community such as this.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3982 on: July 09, 2014, 04:07:12 AM »
While we live, there is yet hope.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:28:27 AM by TheDevilYouKnow »
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #3983 on: July 09, 2014, 04:59:26 AM »
OK, just got to say Hi :) on page 200. Also last day of work for me. Today I am taking my caravan and familly out for a ride in Sweden.
The weather is nice and the beer is cold and City of Heroes is probably on the way back what more could a man ask for ;)

Without_Pause

• Minion
« Reply #3984 on: July 09, 2014, 05:01:02 AM »
What I will reroll/roll(roughly)

Blaster: Ice/mm

Loved my Ice/ice, so I made a Ice/mm. I think in the end I could see the Ice/mm winning out so this was the blaster build I most wanted to take further this time since I merely got them to 23ish last time.

Scrapper: Spines/elec

Really really really started to enjoy this build and never got the chance to give it the proper push.

Brute: Dark/elec

It took some time, but the build started to take off. I was struggling with a mission against an EB and finally got down to no inspirs and back to full health and all for both of us. I went and defeated him without a death. It was then I knew the build was worthy of being invested in.

Controller: Ill/rad

Maybe the first build that really made me question AT balance between defenders and controllers. Maybe would be my new main. Maybe.

Dom: Plant/fire

So so much fun. Sadly was played hardcore and died in her early 20's.

Corr: Fire/kin

I had a name that made it obvious what the build was. I never lacked a team after a time.

Warshade

Never invested into it like I should have. Inventions felt like they were made for these type of ATs.

?

Whatever build that would fit for the name I want to go by this time. It was used on a Claws/regen last time, but I don't think I can level /regen again. It was completely awesome until it felt like it hit a wall that only IOs could solve although that might be the reason to relevel it since I can target IOs from the start.

Other possible, maybe side characters.

Brute: SS/fire

Let's not act surprised. I self PLed mine to 50, but never got the chance to invest in it so it was useful outside of AE. I wonder if it would overshadow my Dark/elec, and I might simply want to invest in it instead.

Defender: ?

I played so many that I'm not sure if there is a build out there that would really make me want to do it again or find something new. Don't get me wrong, I love the AT, but I beat it to death.

Controller: Earth/storm or Plant/storm

I think my Plant/storm was in the 40s. My Earth/storm was such a hell of a fun ride to 50 I feel like doing it again. The more solo friendly nature of Plant is enticing though.

Brute/scrapper: Dark/sr

I know of the goodness, and I broke down way too late with a scrapper. I had just seen the potential and the game went away. I'm just not sure such a ST based build will get me that excited when it is all said and done.

MM: Bots/traps

I just don't know how I felt about the AT at the end. One of my favorite combos for sets, name, and minion names. I'm just not sure I'll miss it.

SS and Shield

Maybe together, maybe not. Both weren't investigated until late. SS was coming across as something that I clearly had mistakenly avoided up to that point. I was doing ss/elec brute and at times it was glorious. I'm just not sure I want a third melee set with Elec Armor when I want as little crossover sets to start with.

primeknight

• Boss
« Reply #3985 on: July 09, 2014, 05:01:24 AM »
If I can log in with my characters the first thing I'm going to do is get online with my main: Prime Knight (mind/kin controller) and lead a Ritki Mothership Raid!

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #3986 on: July 09, 2014, 05:01:51 AM »
OK, just got to say Hi :) on page 200. Also last day of work for me. Today I am taking my caravan and familly out for a ride in Sweden.
The weather is nice and the beer is cold and City of Heroes is probably on the way back what more could a man ask for ;)
lucky, :), I have to write 4 papers before Thursday. Awesome 200 pages :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #3987 on: July 09, 2014, 05:02:52 AM »
If I can log in with my characters the first thing I'm going to do is get online with my main: Prime Knight (mind/kin controller) and lead a Ritki Mothership Raid!
Nice!  If we are on the same server... I'd like to be right there with ya, I think Pointsphere might still need the bomb badge!!  :)

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3988 on: July 09, 2014, 05:21:10 AM »
Mumble grumble TF2 crates.

And also page 200! :O
Oh hey, VK is alive. 4chan wants to talk to you. They think you're internet dead or something. Did that teamup with Demon Man fall through, or what?

/tangent.

So anyhow, Facebook is still exploding, and players are coming out of everywhere. I'm thinking when the game comes back, Virtue at least is going to be almost as it was.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3989 on: July 09, 2014, 05:34:19 AM »
I've got a few thousand vehicle lockboxes I'd be happy to unload...

I have started unloading 'em right to the discard bin.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #3990 on: July 09, 2014, 05:34:29 AM »
I am Tsalagi [...]
That's pretty cool.  Do you know the language/syllabary?  I'm a bit of a language enthusiast and love meeting folks who know languages I'm not familiar with.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3991 on: July 09, 2014, 05:35:59 AM »
So anyhow, Facebook is still exploding, and players are coming out of everywhere. I'm thinking when the game comes back, Virtue at least is going to be almost as it was.

I have a feeling we are not going to have the same number of servers we did when NC was running things. I'm thinking, two or three. But I'd love to be wrong.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3992 on: July 09, 2014, 06:02:21 AM »
The progress bar went up a notch.
how close to 50? ;)

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3993 on: July 09, 2014, 06:03:55 AM »
I have a feeling we are not going to have the same number of servers we did when NC was running things. I'm thinking, two or three. But I'd love to be wrong.
A more dense population is not a bad thing...

Remidi

• Minion
« Reply #3994 on: July 09, 2014, 06:06:47 AM »

As long as it isn't too dense.  A lot of us stayed off of Freedom and Virtue for a reason.   ;)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3995 on: July 09, 2014, 06:14:04 AM »

In my experience, there is a point where, a community can be very healthy, at a population range.  I'll be honest, if a community had a lot of trolls, i'd rather it be from a huge population, rather than a tiny one.  But I feel that, there is a sweet spot, where the number of trolls ends up rather small, but you still have a lot of players and a very diverse player base.  Then there is the opposite end of the huge population with low intelligence apparent due to lots of trolls, the ultra tiny population on a community.  It ends up just as stupid.

Trolls in such a small population can be far more vocal, and heard more easily.  Player diversity sinks severely with such small populations, it kind of sucks.  You end up with only a few friends, but in the end, the trolls are as loud in a tiny community as they are in a large community.  Players end up more divided, and extremely insecure, over the state of the community, simply due to it's small size.  They get very vocal about changes, very agitated at new ideas, and more closed minded, due to the size of the community just not being big enough to foster a variety of ideas.  It ends up stagnating fast.

That was, well, my experience with the unreal community, somewhat, and even more-so with the CO community.  The CO community is so small, they are insecure at all times about the survival of their game and surprisingly complacent about it.  They know it'll collapse and is, but go into fast denial about it when you bring it up.  Any ideas posted get shot down even if it's a good idea, out of fear of the change driving the few they have left.  I honestly feel, the CoX community is more alive, than CO's community ever could be, as we were diverse enough and yet, so united among each other and so with our game, compared to, well, the group that could probably fit in a small building.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3996 on: July 09, 2014, 06:14:56 AM »
As long as it isn't too dense.  A lot of us stayed off of Freedom and Virtue for a reason.   ;)

I enjoyed my time on Virtue.  It was surprisingly balanced, i found.  It wasn't anywhere near as troll heavy as what I'd find in CO for sure.  I avoided freedom, but then honestly I just enjoyed playing on virtue.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Remidi

• Minion
« Reply #3997 on: July 09, 2014, 06:24:30 AM »
I enjoyed my time on Virtue.  It was surprisingly balanced, i found.  It wasn't anywhere near as troll heavy as what I'd find in CO for sure.  I avoided freedom, but then honestly I just enjoyed playing on virtue.

Oh, I would never say that a player couldn't have fun on the more populated servers.  But I hope there will be room for players like me who like the cozier feel of quieter servers.  I had pretty much all my characters on Pinnacle, and over the years I became at least acquainted with many of the active players.  And I will say, there is nothing like showing up for a TF or other event and having someone say, "Oh good, -my character- is here."  It was also a whole lot easier to know whose invitations to turn down.  It all comes down to personal preference.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3998 on: July 09, 2014, 06:27:59 AM »
Oh, I would never say that a player couldn't have fun on the more populated servers.  But I hope there will be room for players like me who like the cozier feel of quieter servers.  I had pretty much all my characters on Pinnacle, and over the years I became at least acquainted with many of the active players.  And I will say, there is nothing like showing up for a TF or other event and having someone say, "Oh good, -my character- is here."  It was also a whole lot easier to know whose invitations to turn down.  It all comes down to personal preference.

I understand ya there :).  It's a grey area, honestly in that everyone has had differing experiences.  As I said in an earlier post, I feel really high populations can foster alot of trolls afterall.  Just I'd rather a larger population, as more diversity of players to me is a good thing, over a really tiny one in which the few trolls around are heard more easily by the wrong people.  At least, thats how I felt about CO.

steveharp

• Underling
« Reply #3999 on: July 09, 2014, 06:44:45 AM »
Page 200 awww yeah, more people commenting each day, this sense of hope is one of many reasons coh community is the best.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:16:48 AM by steveharp »
Defiant EU/Freedom

Illusion/Storm Controller: WindowLicker

Waiting patiently!