Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210443 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #13660 on: December 13, 2014, 01:31:10 PM »
SEGS is anything but sneaky, and it's a severely-outdated version of the game. If they feel it's warranted, they will slap him with a C&D (or more likely the preliminary "please stop" that isn't technically lawyerly) themselves. I'm sure they would tell Nate & crew if it was a problem, and Nate/crew would relay that information.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #13661 on: December 13, 2014, 02:28:53 PM »
I'm fairly sure I can speak from the point of view of both NCSoft and the SEGS team (correct me if I'm wrong):

"When city of hereos and villains i24 returns; development of SEGS' projects will be halted"
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #13662 on: December 13, 2014, 02:47:32 PM »
Here! Here!  I know exactly what you're talking about!  To while away the time waiting for CoHV return, I play Civ V & Civ Beyond Earth (BE).

And to keep this relatively on subject... Have you tried Civ V with the City of Heroes Civilization Pack that was created?  It includes 5 Leaders from the CoX reality along with special support units.  Its a fun add on which includes Statesman, Lord Recluse, Marcus Cole, The Rikti, and last but not least Lord Nemesis.  I haven't tried CBE yet, as I usually give the designers 6 months to work out the obvious bugs before I buy anything I really don't want right away.

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #13663 on: December 13, 2014, 05:17:23 PM »
The City of Heroes civ pack is a great mod for Civ V.  I play it all the time.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

Scendera

• Boss
  • Faith Manages.
« Reply #13664 on: December 13, 2014, 05:29:03 PM »
I've played that mod on 5, and I have BE as well. Wise move on waiting 6 months. I got it from hubby as an anniversary gift, and it's currently gathering dust because any attempt to load into a game locks up. Worked a week ago...

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #13665 on: December 13, 2014, 09:00:00 PM »
I've played that mod on 5, and I have BE as well. Wise move on waiting 6 months. I got it from hubby as an anniversary gift, and it's currently gathering dust because any attempt to load into a game locks up. Worked a week ago...

I never got the CoH Civ mod to work, and I recall waiting a while to download it. I'll have to try again over the winter some time.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #13666 on: December 13, 2014, 11:28:08 PM »

Yep, being unable to reload saved games happens a lot when the game designers decide to change the formatting the save files use.  Only thing you can do there is start over and learn how the game works between save file changes until they finally stabilize them.

Litintha

• Underling
  • All hail Lelouch!
« Reply #13667 on: December 14, 2014, 11:13:13 AM »
SEGS is anything but sneaky, and it's a severely-outdated version of the game. If they feel it's warranted, they will slap him with a C&D (or more likely the preliminary "please stop" that isn't technically lawyerly) themselves. I'm sure they would tell Nate & crew if it was a problem, and Nate/crew would relay that information.

Did I indicate they were sneaky? Hehe. I might have. Not intentional, though.

However, I do see what you are saying, and it makes complete logical sense. Given that SEGS is so outdated (and, likely years away from even being playable) it is kinda of silly to think that it would impact the current negotiations.

/exit paranoia

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13668 on: December 14, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »
Maj. Frank Burns: The only reason I'm paranoid is because everyone's against me.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #13669 on: December 14, 2014, 04:45:49 PM »
I'm fairly sure I can speak from the point of view of both NCSoft and the SEGS team (correct me if I'm wrong):

"When city of hereos and villains i24 returns; development of SEGS' projects will be halted"

That would be incorrect since segs was started long before shutdown with it's former name CoxEMU which started in 2005 (if I recall) when it did receive a C&D and it later resurfaced as segs.

It would also be unwise for it or any of the other emulators out there to stop because we all know the game will eventually be shutdown again. And until some game comes out that totally knocks city of heroes out of the water I don't forsee a reason to abandon the game.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #13670 on: December 14, 2014, 08:19:07 PM »

I'm fairly sure you can't as you are neither counsel or spokesperson for either group and have no legal standing to do so.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #13671 on: December 14, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
That would be incorrect since segs was started long before shutdown with it's former name CoxEMU which started in 2005 (if I recall) when it did receive a C&D and it later resurfaced as segs.

It would also be unwise for it or any of the other emulators out there to stop because we all know the game will eventually be shutdown again. And until some game comes out that totally knocks city of heroes out of the water I don't forsee a reason to abandon the game.

you make a very good point.

I'm fairly sure you can't as you are neither counsel or spokesperson for either group and have no legal standing to do so.

fair enough.

yep I made a bad assumption.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #13672 on: December 14, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »
No ups since October. Any additional news would be helpful.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #13673 on: December 14, 2014, 10:51:55 PM »
No ups since October. Any additional news would be helpful.

We were told nothing new to report nov 9. Nothing has happened since October to report.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13674 on: December 15, 2014, 02:05:42 AM »
Updated the first post with the no-update update.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #13675 on: December 15, 2014, 11:38:53 AM »
(Update Dec 14: No change.)

Even so, thanks for the updates. I get a little anxious when I don't even see a "no change" update for over a month. ><

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13676 on: December 15, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #13677 on: December 15, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »
Almost there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ClYL3pKCwI

W00tango december 14th no change!! it means.. we must be getting even more than originally bargained for!!!

Keep going Nate and crew I'm behind you all the way, no matter how long it takes, and Thank you Ironwolf for the update!

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13678 on: December 15, 2014, 02:16:46 PM »
Not really an update just a link to a new song.

I am not a christian but in deference to the season and the beauty of the song I thought it fit our circumstances well.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #13679 on: December 15, 2014, 03:32:46 PM »
Almost there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ClYL3pKCwI
might want to change the almost there, because there will people who latch on that and spread it all over the intrawebs. Just a fyi :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.