Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7272474 times)

kierthos

• Lieutenant
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #22840 on: February 21, 2016, 02:43:00 PM »
It's more accurate to say that Tony Kord was an homage to both Ted Kord and Tony Stark.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #22841 on: February 21, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »
Regardless - people can search the wiki themselves if they're interested, because it is mentioned on the page for Tony Kord...

People can also see all sorts of homages or "references:" http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Ingame_References

DRAWN

Bravo.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22842 on: February 22, 2016, 03:07:26 AM »

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22843 on: February 22, 2016, 07:47:11 AM »

This has basically been me for the last 2 years...

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22844 on: February 22, 2016, 01:44:18 PM »
Just to call back to a previous topic of discussion...

I was re-reading Pratchett and Gaiman's book Good Omens, and the name that the "gang" Adam and his three friends form is called "The Them".

So I hereby declare the name "the THeM" for the negotiating team to be a good omen. :D

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22845 on: February 22, 2016, 01:54:29 PM »
Game's been offlien for so long now I'm even beginning to miss the DR Q.  TF
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Biz

• Boss
« Reply #22846 on: February 22, 2016, 02:32:59 PM »
Game's been offlien for so long now I'm even beginning to miss the DR Q.  TF

If you had started one the day the game shut down, you'd probably just be about finished....now.  :)

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22847 on: February 22, 2016, 03:06:12 PM »
If you had started one the day the game shut down, you'd probably just be about finished....now.  :)

Actually by shutdown time you could run Doc Q pretty quickly (relatively speaking anyway).  I ran one on Pinnacle like a month before the shutdown notice came, we completed it in 3:37 (https://web.archive.org/web/20120906171151/http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showpost.php?p=4321548&postcount=25).  Team teleport powers + stealth (thank god we got a Stalker on the team) helps a LOT.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22848 on: February 22, 2016, 03:09:50 PM »
Sigh, memories...

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22849 on: February 22, 2016, 06:36:21 PM »
Because now everyone reading it is imagining you saying those things aloud.  Slowly.
Oh?

...I'm not. I don't generally read internet forums imagining people saying things aloud, unless there is a specific reference to a person or celebrity whose voice I should be reading something in. Like Morgan Freeman. (If I change my avatar pic to his, would everyone read my posts like him?)
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22850 on: February 22, 2016, 07:44:01 PM »
I'm actually a chat bot

I think XKCD just published a cartoon depicting your creation:

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22851 on: February 22, 2016, 07:50:55 PM »
I, for one, welcome our robot overlords.
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22852 on: February 22, 2016, 09:05:01 PM »
I don't generally read internet forums imagining people saying things aloud, unless there is a specific reference to a person or celebrity whose voice I should be reading something in. Like Morgan Freeman.

Now that you mention it, specifically whose voice you imagine it speaking in matters a great deal.  Slow can be imposing.  Think of Jules at the beginning of Pulp Fiction.  Imagine that post spoken in the cadence of Jules:

Copy - right law ... deals with real live actual people.

Trade - mark ... deals with intellectual properties.

Trademark laws ... are the equivalent ... of copyright laws - but for corporations and their intellectual properties.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and fur-r-r-rious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my posts, and you will know my name is LateNight, when I lay - my - vengeance - upon - thee...

You know what?  From now on everyone should just read all my posts as if Jules is saying it.  The next time Joshex posts anything about physics, Jules is going to refute him.  The next time someone asks why there's no new news, Jules is going to respond.  You read the forums?  Well, there's this passage I've got memorized, sorta fits the occasion.  "No, we do not know anything about the deal.  Yes, they are under an NDA.  Yes, efforts are still ongoing."

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?  Please continue.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22853 on: February 22, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »
I haven't seen Pulp Fiction.

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22854 on: February 22, 2016, 09:12:46 PM »
I haven't seen Pulp Fiction.

It's pretty cool - the movie that is...

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22855 on: February 22, 2016, 09:13:38 PM »
I think XKCD just published a cartoon depicting your creation:

I'm Australian - small world huh?

parabola

• Underling
« Reply #22856 on: February 22, 2016, 09:14:23 PM »
If on logging in to check this thread you find half a dozen new pages you know one of two things is going on: either there is news about the game or someone has picked a fight with Arcana...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22857 on: February 22, 2016, 09:26:15 PM »
Wait, so I'm the only one who imagines everyone on the internet sounding like Gilbert Gottfried?

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22858 on: February 22, 2016, 09:35:17 PM »
Wait, so I'm the only one who imagines everyone on the internet sounding like Gilbert Gottfried?

I always imagined the internet looks like it smells like pee so you're not far off.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22859 on: February 22, 2016, 09:56:56 PM »
I'm Australian - small world huh?

Not if you have to fly to Australia.