Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7211825 times)

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #25080 on: June 30, 2016, 07:11:25 PM »

They might have very little interest in finalising a deal, but that hardly means they've got some super secret campaign they've put they're best minds on so they could troll the community of a long dead MMO just so they get just a little less spam than they usually deal with.

Ed. Note: The word filter has been shut off.  Please avoid the use of severe profanity, yes, even in acronym form. -Tahquitz
At some point wasn't it said we need ONE signature?

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25081 on: June 30, 2016, 07:30:34 PM »
There is no limit to Human stupidity, unfortunately.

Someone once said, "The two most-abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." But, technically, stupidity isn't an element; it's a catalyst. It causes things to happen, without itself being affected by the reaction. Which is why we never run out of stupidity.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25082 on: June 30, 2016, 07:33:40 PM »
So that means my ENG/ENG blaster would shoot streams of words at my enemies?

Yep. You could make the toon a court judge, and "sentence" your target to death.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #25083 on: June 30, 2016, 07:51:16 PM »

IIRC, by someone who wasn't directly involved, was relaying information secondhand, and who didn't quite say that but people picked it up and ran with it.

whistleblower5

• Underling
« Reply #25084 on: June 30, 2016, 09:05:42 PM »
Nate's group is no longer engaged in negotiations. The NDA required they stay quiet in the case of failure.

Source: Someone who knows Nate, but didn't play the game.

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25085 on: June 30, 2016, 09:59:34 PM »

I had heard something along those lines - twice actually, once with Nates group and before that when Paragon themselves made their attempt...

Nate's group is no longer engaged in negotiations. The NDA required they stay quiet in the case of failure.

What's stopping them from breaking the NDA now?

Balince

• Minion
« Reply #25086 on: June 30, 2016, 10:00:19 PM »
I don't understand the logic in having to stay quiet if it failed. Someone mind explaining it to me? I'd understand not going into details but just a simple the deal is dead I'd be happy with so we know.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #25087 on: June 30, 2016, 10:04:41 PM »

Sorry I will not take the word of someone who just registered today. This post sounds a bit like a troll post than anything. The question I would have is how did you know of this when no one like Tony or Wolf has not said a word?
I will continue to think this deal is still going.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #25088 on: June 30, 2016, 11:12:22 PM »

Uh, yeah. No. An account with one post with nothing in it that makes it convincing and a few elements that make is seem dubious. Joshex has significantly more credibility than you (especially if the topic is physics), so i'll have far more faith in anything he posts. (Not specifying how much faith that would be, but it would definitely be more.)
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Kelltick

• Boss
« Reply #25089 on: June 30, 2016, 11:27:22 PM »

Sorry I will not take the word of someone who just registered today. This post sounds a bit like a troll post than anything. The question I would have is how did you know of this when no one like Tony or Wolf has not said a word?

Not to mention that this would mean something majorly changed from June 8th to now. From the comments on Kickstarter from City of Titans Update #169:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #25090 on: June 30, 2016, 11:33:23 PM »

Not to mention that this would mean something majorly changed from June 8th to now. From the comments on Kickstarter from City of Titans Update #169:

That is cool :), thank you showing this Kelltick. I would agree with you that if something that differs from that post then chances are that would have been released on the net at that time.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25091 on: June 30, 2016, 11:38:20 PM »
IIRC, by someone who wasn't directly involved, was relaying information secondhand, and who didn't quite say that but people picked it up and ran with it.
hmmmmm... So your telling me theres a chance.... YEAH

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25092 on: June 30, 2016, 11:57:02 PM »

All kidding aside, I don't take kindly to flamebait. 

Speculate all you want (I think, I suspect, How I see it...).  That's fine.  But if you don't have a source, please keep the semi-authoritative "I heard (it succeded/it failed/a giant moth ate THeM)" type of messages off of here.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25093 on: July 01, 2016, 12:55:15 AM »
Someone once said, "The two most-abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." But, technically, stupidity isn't an element; it's a catalyst. It causes things to happen, without itself being affected by the reaction. Which is why we never run out of stupidity.

I prefer the saying, "Every time I try to idiot proof something, someone comes along and breeds a better idiot."
No Surrender!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25094 on: July 01, 2016, 12:56:31 AM »

All kidding aside, I don't take kindly to flamebait. 

Speculate all you want (I think, I suspect, How I see it...).  That's fine.  But if you don't have a source, please keep the semi-authoritative "I heard (it succeded/it failed/a giant moth ate THeM)" type of messages off of here.

Mothra is on the loose! Run for the hills! Call Godzilla (or Gojira, whatever)! Run!!!11fordfocus!!!!1!
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25095 on: July 01, 2016, 01:06:30 AM »
Mothra is on the loose! Run for the hills! Call Godzilla (or Gojira, whatever)! Run!!!11fordfocus!!!!1!

Anthony Crispino:  Yeah, Mothra, it was that giant bug that Goodfella was fighting, it was confirmed from... you know, that guy who's the leader of Titan Network, Easy E.  *Everyone groans...* That's what I heard!  Titan Network hires rap stars!  I dunno, that's what I heard!

Surelle

« Reply #25096 on: July 01, 2016, 01:23:45 AM »

Oh, I know you, you're "that guy" that goes to gaming forums and always claims he's already logged into a newly-launching MMO before the servers are really even up yet.  Jeez, with the slowdown of new MMORPG launches, you must be getting pretty bored, huh?   :P

Surelle

« Reply #25097 on: July 01, 2016, 01:40:02 AM »

Okay, I'm going to be equally fair here and mention that Nate Downes claims to be the ONLY member of both City of Titans and Team Hail Mary who is directly involved and in-the-know about the CoX rez/IP lease attempt that began over 2 1/2 years ago.  So this City of Titans "Creator" person, while well-intentioned, likely does not know any more about the current state of that deal than we do.  He may just be repeating back the same "glacial but still trying" mantra we've been hearing for over two years now.

So while whistleblower5 most likely has no idea what's really going on, "Creator " at City of Titans probably doesn't really know any current details either.  Moreover, at the City of Titans camp, they're quite tied up in making their own game, around their families and jobs to boot.

I wouldn't get any hopes up or down too far in either direction. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:48:19 AM by Surelle »

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25098 on: July 01, 2016, 01:56:50 AM »
Missing Worlds Media is the "creator" of the Kickstarter project for The Phoenix Project.  Creator is a role on that site.

Nate Downes is an employee of MWM, so if they said something about Nate Downes it would be more authoritative than if it came from whistleblower5, or even myself for that manner, but they said that the Discussions are completely separate of City of Titans Development so I wouldn't expect the result announcement concerning the talks to land there (especially when Nate has an account here and can do it himself).

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #25099 on: July 01, 2016, 02:25:47 AM »