Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7274154 times)

MGLZadok

• Minion
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #26860 on: March 08, 2017, 05:19:37 PM »
They say the sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I must be as loony as they come because I come to these forums day after day expecting to see a different result.
I don't expect to see a different result.  I simply hope to.
Level 50s (Triumph)
Cybot 27 - Claws/Willpower Scrapper
Thelesis - Mind Control/Electricity Assault Dominator
Al'pha - Arachnos Crab Soldier
Damien Zadok - Soldiers/Pain Domination Mastermind

Fireheart

• Boss
« Reply #26861 on: March 08, 2017, 08:05:19 PM »
I'm not looking for a different result, just more information.  A different result would be amazing, though.

Be Well!
Fireheart

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26862 on: March 08, 2017, 10:00:14 PM »
They say the sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

I notice they keep saying that.  Over and over again.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26863 on: March 08, 2017, 10:16:47 PM »
I notice they keep saying that.  Over and over again.

Any day now they're going to say it to someone who's not heard it to the point of annoyance.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26864 on: March 09, 2017, 03:03:31 AM »
This just in,

The THeM would like me to tell you that yes, they are indeed and in fact still alive.

More later.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26865 on: March 10, 2017, 11:52:31 PM »
I am still working on that plan to destroy the Justice League....

http://massivelyop.com/2017/03/10/a-space-starfish-is-attacking-dc-universe-online-seriously/

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26866 on: March 11, 2017, 01:06:01 AM »
I am still working on that plan to destroy the Justice League....

http://massivelyop.com/2017/03/10/a-space-starfish-is-attacking-dc-universe-online-seriously/

How serious can a starfish get when it is attacking the Justice League, I wonder.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #26867 on: March 11, 2017, 01:50:49 AM »
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26868 on: March 11, 2017, 01:51:23 AM »
How serious can a starfish get when it is attacking the Justice League, I wonder.

That is its greatest strength,  People underestimate it.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26869 on: March 11, 2017, 02:11:13 AM »
Starro, bringing you family friendly tentacle violation since 1960.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26870 on: March 11, 2017, 02:46:06 PM »

That is so...beautiful.  It makes my eye tear up.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:00:44 PM by duane »

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26871 on: March 12, 2017, 01:54:11 AM »
That is so...beautiful.  It makes my eye tear up.

I agree.  They all work so well together when under the mind control of space Starfish.  Who would have thought that all it would take for world unity was a mind controlling space echinoderm.

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #26872 on: March 12, 2017, 02:55:05 PM »
They say the sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I must be as loony as they come because I come to these forums day after day expecting to see a different result.

I do too. I think it's "hope," however, not insanity. I don't "expect" a different result, I just hope. :)
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26873 on: March 12, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »
Last week I saw the Youtube preview for 'Ship of Heroes'.  The leader seems to really 'get it'! I need to play that game now!

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26874 on: March 13, 2017, 09:56:34 AM »
I think Nate and the rest of us got played.

"Yeah, we'll work something out. Sign this NDA."

"No, we're not going to work something out. We just wanted you folks to shut up."

Culture, schmulture. It doesn't take this long to work a deal. Corporations move slow, but they move. And - if they were going to deal, they would likely have made a huge fuss about it and turned it into a big PR success.

I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. I would love to be wrong, but until I'm proven wrong, my money is on CoT. Literally.
Yeah, after a while the smell of BS starts to get pretty strong.

It certainly isn't Nate's or anyone else's fault for trying.   They are the good guys.   NCSoft, with their ability to get their feelings hurt at the drop of a hat due to their fantasy world where the entire planet has to abide by the cultural rules of Korea, are the bad guys. 

So them just getting a NDA in place to shut everyone up sounds like something I would expect from them.

By the way, good luck with that business model on the world marketplace NCSoft.    (Although I'm not I believing for a second that they would refuse a phone call from Microsoft because it didn't go through the proper Korean customs...they sound more like bullies who like to push around people smaller than them)   

The whole online game model starts to smell bad at the end of the day.    This can't possibly last.   You don't build up a costumer base for a product and then anger them over and over by informing them they can no longer use the product... and expect that industry to last.   Maybe it's ok for "gamers" who just move on to the next game...but I played CoH...that's it.   Other games bore and frustrate me.   No interest.    (I'm excited for CoT...but part of me fears it will frustrate me because it won't be the same)

At some point, the costumer base says "enough"....usually around the time that someone offers a better product.    You'd better be able to promise your costumers they can play the game they bought for as long as they want.

Just think of it like a musician.   We do the same things over and over and expect better results.   And it works.   It's possible musicians are insane of course.   8)

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26875 on: March 13, 2017, 01:37:16 PM »
Last week I saw the Youtube preview for 'Ship of Heroes'.  The leader seems to really 'get it'! I need to play that game now!

Just watched their videos, I look forward to this game as I think it will be the closest we get to CoH.

Better yet, imagine once CoH is sold that the two games get linked so that via Ouroborus CoH characters can time warp to Ship of Heroes and SoH characters can warp back to CoH.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

nicoliy

• Boss
« Reply #26876 on: March 13, 2017, 01:53:21 PM »
Just watched their videos, I look forward to this game as I think it will be the closest we get to CoH.

Better yet, imagine once CoH is sold that the two games get linked so that via Ouroborus CoH characters can time warp to Ship of Heroes and SoH characters can warp back to CoH.

I still need to watch the interview itself, but I've kept up on the news on the site. It seems to have promise and I hope it does well. I'll keep my eye on it for sure.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #26877 on: March 13, 2017, 11:18:31 PM »

Ouroboros Mender Silos fix everything

PsychicKitty

• Underling
« Reply #26878 on: March 14, 2017, 09:47:22 AM »
Well I play game called Warframe...and seams a lot like city of heroes...the developers have the same customer responses and talk to the players a lot.  The players seam to be very nice.  The company even has a convention for the game players......sound a bit familiar.

The areas are more instanced.....but they are huge areas....flying isn't something most players can do.....but the game lets you go pretty much anywhere on a map.

oh well....you are not a super hero though

rkcdan

• Underling
« Reply #26879 on: March 14, 2017, 10:30:06 AM »
Just think of it like a musician.   We do the same things over and over and expect better results.   And it works.   It's possible musicians are insane of course.   8)

I think the people on this forum are a little bit crazy, with a whole lot of loyalty. To be here this long after closing is unheard of. I can heard the board at NCSOFT, These people are nuts they will not go away. I want to think all of you for keeping COH/COV alive and well. I don't post much but I am here everyday. For all the heroes out there I hold this torch for you.   
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:37:02 AM by rkcdan »