Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7270157 times)

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27100 on: March 29, 2017, 01:18:38 AM »
Yeah I'm drawing a blank on what would have enough holds for the post-buff mitos, ranged and melee dps, enough debuffs for the AVs plus be able to shrug off the endurance drains.

Yeah, after a few attempts I had to tap into my other accounts for some alts thus having a team of 4 and used 4 fillers to launch the thing. 
They would sit in the RWZ base as my main would do mission 1, 2 and 3.

Then I would bring all my alts into mission 4.  The main would work on getting the Rikti to attack the Hami this wiping them out and possibly taking some of the mitos out at times.

The  main would then work on the yellows as he was my inv/ss "superman" tank,  my ranged alt would deal with the blues,  the debufferholder would start in on the greens so that my main could swoop in and take them out while using an EoE and making sure that if the Hami attacked that he would take the hits. Alts that were not in use would either wait at the mission door or behind rocks out of site of the hami.

Then when it was time to take down the hami, the tank would pop EoE and set taunt to Auto and the other alts would blast it to pieces.

After that, mission 5 was generally done with just my inv/ss superman tank that also had incarnate pets and shivans so the alts would generally door sit until I cleared the area for the last fight then bring them to the area (alt #4 was a forcefield MM and all alts were defense capped)

So my "superman" would finish the LGTF, all alts get rewards, and strictly speaking I still soloed it.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #27101 on: March 29, 2017, 02:06:57 AM »
Yeah, after a few attempts I had to tap into my other accounts for some alts thus having a team of 4 and used 4 fillers to launch the thing. 
They would sit in the RWZ base as my main would do mission 1, 2 and 3.

Then I would bring all my alts into mission 4.  The main would work on getting the Rikti to attack the Hami this wiping them out and possibly taking some of the mitos out at times.

The  main would then work on the yellows as he was my inv/ss "superman" tank,  my ranged alt would deal with the blues,  the debufferholder would start in on the greens so that my main could swoop in and take them out while using an EoE and making sure that if the Hami attacked that he would take the hits. Alts that were not in use would either wait at the mission door or behind rocks out of site of the hami.

Then when it was time to take down the hami, the tank would pop EoE and set taunt to Auto and the other alts would blast it to pieces.

After that, mission 5 was generally done with just my inv/ss superman tank that also had incarnate pets and shivans so the alts would generally door sit until I cleared the area for the last fight then bring them to the area (alt #4 was a forcefield MM and all alts were defense capped)

So my "superman" would finish the LGTF, all alts get rewards, and strictly speaking I still soloed it.

Having a bubbler on the team really helped most of the LGTF, and in the reactor room respect trial, and in the Director 11 mission of the Tin Mage TF. Good times, good memories.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27102 on: March 29, 2017, 03:25:14 AM »
Having a bubbler on the team really helped most of the LGTF, and in the reactor room respect trial, and in the Director 11 mission of the Tin Mage TF. Good times, good memories.

Yeah my bubbler could sit in the reactor with repulsor field and/or force bubble activated. The enemies could'n't get to the reactor and the other team members would mow them down
In fearful COH-less days

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27103 on: March 29, 2017, 04:35:32 AM »
Frankly I hope NCSoft goes out of business and has to sell off their properties including CoH.

Me too.

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27104 on: March 29, 2017, 04:49:24 AM »
Me too.

I know some people wished the same on NCsoft when Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa were closed down... back then though, that could have been *VERY* bad for the CoX player base at that point in time...

We might not have even gotten Incarnate content, Sig Story arcs, zone revamps etc etc.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27105 on: March 29, 2017, 01:30:54 PM »
I know some people wished the same on NCsoft when Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa were closed down... back then though, that could have been *VERY* bad for the CoX player base at that point in time...

We might not have even gotten Incarnate content, Sig Story arcs, zone revamps etc etc.

Yes but were those games as big and profitable as CoH was?
In fearful COH-less days

Matt Bold

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27106 on: March 29, 2017, 02:07:13 PM »
Has there been any official word from Nate & Crew with the recent drama or just the article comments?

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27107 on: March 29, 2017, 03:42:48 PM »
Has there been any official word from Nate & Crew with the recent drama or just the article comments?
Nothing as far as I know

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #27108 on: March 29, 2017, 04:20:15 PM »
I wonder if CW decided not to fan the flames by updating his sticky thread.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27109 on: March 29, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »
Eh, the flames are fanned with or without it. I thought about it. It is highly unlikely, but not impossible that the IP leasing is responsible for statesman in MXM. I realize it is unlikely they sold it to lease it back but it is also not impossible.

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #27110 on: March 29, 2017, 04:40:00 PM »
Eh, the flames are fanned with or without it. I thought about it. It is highly unlikely, but not impossible that the IP leasing is responsible for statesman in MXM. I realize it is unlikely they sold it to lease it back but it is also not impossible.

I remember a post some thousand pages ago on this which discussed Korean business tactic and cultural differences. The take away was that once they own something they feel obligated to take care of it as they see fit. That just releasing it to people they considered unworthy of giving it the level of care they previously had in some ways reflects poorly on them. As I'm not Korean or from Korea I can't validate this, but if true I am a bit surprised not one of the articles on this touched that point. God I've been reading this thread for a while.

With minor googling, I found it here: https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9675.msg183113#msg183113

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27111 on: March 29, 2017, 09:07:38 PM »

Maybe my perception but no fans to flame in a vacuum.  Nothing changed.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #27112 on: March 29, 2017, 10:38:34 PM »
Yeah my bubbler could sit in the reactor with repulsor field and/or force bubble activated. The enemies could'n't get to the reactor and the other team members would mow them down
My bubbler and stormie both did some version of that. My Traps/Dark would just do laps around the core dropping mines, gas traps, and mortars as they recharged. Very few enemies stayed near the core for long without either vomiting, exploding, spontaneously dying, or all three at once. (i wonder if there was something odd in how some procs in PGT worked. i would do ITF runs where a bunch of level 52 Romans would charge into the gas cloud and instantly fall down as their health bars vanished. i had health and end bars set as always visible, but never got into the habit of logging the combat channel or using any combat recorder/parser, so i never looked into it other than going, "Huh, that looked sort of odd.")
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #27113 on: March 30, 2017, 12:12:24 AM »

I messaged him on Skype to see if he had any official comment or update from the team, but no response yet and I haven't seen him on in a while. I may have to poke him through some other method.

Korbian

« Reply #27114 on: March 30, 2017, 12:23:55 AM »
Well, shoot.  He was in Pchat for a couple of hours on Friday.  I almost told him you were looking to hear from him, but I didn't want to stick my nose in other people's business.   :P

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27115 on: March 30, 2017, 01:00:24 PM »

I haven't been following matters lately, what happened?

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27116 on: March 30, 2017, 01:23:34 PM »

JoshEx returned and claimed that he had created a single-player version of CoH that runs only on a Nintendo DS. Or an Amiga.

Matt Bold

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27117 on: March 30, 2017, 01:30:43 PM »

NCSoft included Statesman in their new MOBA.  CoH fans shit a brick.  Nate commented something like "It was a long shot anyways".

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27118 on: March 30, 2017, 05:09:43 PM »
JoshEx returned and claimed that he had created a single-player version of CoH that runs only on a Nintendo DS. Or an Amiga.

I'd like an Amiga version.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #27119 on: March 30, 2017, 05:31:04 PM »
My first computer was an Amiga.  ;)
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"