Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210063 times)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27660 on: June 04, 2017, 07:44:16 AM »
Mu blood descendant - magic origin explained - how many people took sands of Mu as their vet reward?
I was at the member rank, where I did not have to make a choice between the two. However, I would always chose the axe first, and the sands second. I wanted that plus damage to undead types.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27661 on: June 04, 2017, 01:12:16 PM »
Sands and Nem Staff, unless I had a reason for one or both of the other two.

For example I was working on a Defender Trick Arrow/Assault Rifle toon called Swiss Army Bot, and I wanted him to have as many weapons and temp powers as possible.  So the Axe was a better fit.

Eventually he was going to get Black Scorpion's Mace ancillary powerset, but then the game shut down :(
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27662 on: June 04, 2017, 03:25:49 PM »
My Brutes would always choose Blackwand - great ranged puller; my tanks and MMs were split based on backstory and purpose (Wyldhunt: Blackwand, Sequencer: Nemesis Staff); my ranged toons almost always chose Nemesis Staff.

I did choose Sands of Mu slightly more often, however chose Ghost Axe for many - mostly for backstory reasons.
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #27663 on: June 04, 2017, 06:37:33 PM »
My Brutes would always choose Blackwand - great ranged puller; my tanks and MMs were split based on backstory and purpose (Wyldhunt: Blackwand, Sequencer: Nemesis Staff); my ranged toons almost always chose Nemesis Staff.

I did choose Sands of Mu slightly more often, however chose Ghost Axe for many - mostly for backstory reasons.

I also chose based on origin and backstory.
Only a few times did it make sense to select Ghost Axe for my toons.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #27664 on: June 05, 2017, 12:49:11 AM »
I got to pick three of the four at my vet level, so it was always Sands, Blackwand and Nemmie Stick.  It made soloing soooooooooooooooo much easier for my fenders and trollers.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

HorseManDemon

• Minion
« Reply #27665 on: June 05, 2017, 08:07:08 AM »
Guys, I finally figured out how to get the game back in 11 easy steps. It's so simple, I'm surprised no one here had thought of it before.

Step 1: Establish contact with NCSoft reps. As previously noted, Korean culture makes this it's own ordeal, which will not be discussed here.
Step 2: Make an extremely lowball offer on the game.
Step 3: (*There appears to be mustard spilled on the page here. You do not eat mustard. You have never eaten mustard. The question of the mustard will remain a mystery for all time.*)
Step 4: Step 4 must not be spoken. Step 4 will be revealed when the supplicant intones the Ever-Shifting Name of the great demon God known as Shiggorothrax under a harvest moon.
             Step 4A: Summon a lesser demonic creature that can reveal to you the current form of Shiggorothrax's Name. If one prefers, certain Angelic beings may also be consulted, but are much
                            more likely to smite one for the insolence of their summoning.
Step 4 (Cont.): Invoke the proper Name of Shiggorothrax (the requisite modifications to the summoner's tongue to pronounce the current name of Shiggorothrax will not be discussed here, but can be easily found in La Croix's Summoning Dark Lords of the Pit (For Dummies)) DO NOT mispronounce the current Name of Shiggorothrax.
Step 5: After commiting the seven ritualistic murders with the Dagger of Slentox (sold separately) that Shiggorothrax will inevitably demand in return for revealing Step 4, complete step 4.
Step ?3K@A"c6CAW: When reality has reasserted itself and the blinding pain of the Transformation has ended, the supplicant will possess the Answer to The Great Question.
Step 7: If the Transformation has left the supplicant with a mouth capable of human speech, contact the previously established NCSoft rep (likely over the phone, as the supplicant's nightmarish appearance will be enough to shatter the sanity of lesser beings) and speak the Answer.
Step 8: After the screaming stops, demand the return of City of Heroes.
Step 9: Wait patiently, it may take several days for the NCSoft rep to regain enough of his mental faculties to feed himself, let alone bring about the return of the game.
Step 10: Play the game, roll up some new characters, tell all your friends (the one's who survived The Great Purge brought about by step 4). Hopefully the Transformation has left you with the necessary appendages to use a mouse and keyboard.
Step 11: Enjoy!

Couldn't be easier, right!?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 09:01:39 AM by HorseManDemon »

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27666 on: June 05, 2017, 08:33:57 AM »
I'm slightly concerned the '11 step program" was the brainchild of one known as "Horsemandemon"...

rookery.

• Nothing Gets Past This Guy!
  • Minion
« Reply #27667 on: June 05, 2017, 11:24:50 AM »
Do you have to do just seven ritualistic murders? What if you go over?

No reason...just wondering.

/e wipes dagger on blood-caked smock.

rezulin

• Minion
« Reply #27668 on: June 05, 2017, 06:55:46 PM »
Was that your father's good shirt you just ruined?  You just wait 'til your mother gets home.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27669 on: June 05, 2017, 11:47:53 PM »
I'm slightly concerned the '11 step program" was the brainchild of one known as "Horsemandemon"...

Could be worse, could be ManBearPig.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27670 on: June 05, 2017, 11:52:24 PM »
An AE mission to kill Waddle?  Count me in.

NOOOOO!

No killing Waddle :(

Although the Waddle story continues on the Roleplaying forums....  "A PENGUIN Story."

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27671 on: June 06, 2017, 12:16:28 AM »
Could be worse, could be ManBearPig.

Chicken Duck Woman Thing?

HorseManDemon

• Minion
« Reply #27672 on: June 06, 2017, 04:14:46 AM »

Pfft. That kind of talk makes me think you're not dedicated enough to The Cause. Er... The... C... Cause of bringing back the game. Of course.

Don't be ridiculous. What? Are you implying that I'm trying to get some poor fool to complete The Ritual of Unbinding, finally bringing about the end of this pathetic failed experiment known as humanity? Do you even hear how ridiculous you sound, implying that?

Come everyone, let's all laugh derisively at the overly paranoid naysayer and his completely unfounded concerns.

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27673 on: June 06, 2017, 06:25:39 AM »
Pfft. That kind of talk makes me think you're not dedicated enough to The Cause. Er... The... C... Cause of bringing back the game. Of course.

Don't be ridiculous. What? Are you implying that I'm trying to get some poor fool to complete The Ritual of Unbinding, finally bringing about the end of this pathetic failed experiment known as humanity? Do you even hear how ridiculous you sound, implying that?

Come everyone, let's all laugh derisively at the overly paranoid naysayer and his completely unfounded concerns.

Kim Jong - is that you?!?

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27674 on: June 06, 2017, 06:40:39 AM »
Little Cthulhu has never had a teddy bear.
Every night he goes to bed in sunken Rilyeth never knowing if tomorrow will bring world domination or more of the same.
You can help little Cthulhu by sending your prayers and incantations to "Save the Evil Elder Gods"
You can help little Cthulhu or you can turn the page......

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #27675 on: June 06, 2017, 05:18:06 PM »

Every night he goes to bed in sunken Rilyeth never knowing if tomorrow will bring world domination or more of the same.

"What are we goin' tuh do tonight, Brain?"

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27676 on: June 06, 2017, 07:40:16 PM »
Outland is free on steam for the next two days, and is awesome.

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #27677 on: June 06, 2017, 07:49:35 PM »
Outland is free on steam for the next two days, and is awesome.
Thanks for the head's up. :)

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #27678 on: June 06, 2017, 11:27:41 PM »
Sands of Mu rocked.

A Super-speed punch power that worked.  All my speedsters were Dark Melee with Sands of Mu -- man that was so awesome.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Primus1

• Minion
« Reply #27679 on: June 08, 2017, 07:38:14 AM »
I want to say something in regards to old news.

NcSoft putting Statesman in MXM was a bargaining chip.
Here's why:
When I was a kid, my parents bought a new house in another city for us to move to. It was being built.
It was a new area. On the other side of the street was all farm land owned by 1 man.
So picture a line dividing brand new suburbs, with brand new houses stretching back so far and across the street there is just massive empty land and forest.

The farmer never used the land at all since we moved there. He just had the land. He knew the contractors were probably salivating to buy it to build more houses on his side.
They thought they had leverage because he wasn't using the land.

What do you think this guy does after us being there for 5 years?... He grows corn on the entire land one summer. 
It was basically a "See, I'm using the land, making all this corn here, nom nom nom"
Then right after that, He ended up getting way more than the original offer. The year after, houses were being built across the street.
He also got a free house as part of the deal on top of the money and lived near us.  (This is a true story based on real events)

My guess is, there probably is another bidder for the game and/or the price has gone up for the IP perhaps.
Keep hope...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:04:57 AM by Primus1 »