Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210773 times)

Tyger42

• Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27820 on: July 23, 2017, 01:48:48 AM »
Meh. Chuck's an overrated fundamentalist bigot. Friggin' Jackie Chan is more hard core than he is.

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #27821 on: July 23, 2017, 01:55:40 AM »
At the end of the day, I miss my RP. I miss my creative outlet. My SG, Codex from Virtue, had a bit of a forum revival that has fizzled out since, and now I'm feeling the loss even more. I had characters that I still adore, stories that still have so much more to tell. I don't have the talent to, say, write a book, though. So I'm adrift again. No other MMO offers the same comfortable world feel that I felt right at home with. I need a semi freeform forum for RP with a modern setting with some magic/superheroes/whatever thrown in.  :'(

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #27822 on: July 23, 2017, 01:59:47 AM »
Meh. Chuck's an overrated fundamentalist bigot. Friggin' Jackie Chan is more hard core than he is.

And Jackie Chan's brand new World Endurance Car team took first and second place in their class at Le Mans a few weeks ago, and second all-podium place (there are multiple classes at Le Mans; Jackie's team is LMP2 class, an LMP1 team with a hugely faster car to all-podium first place).  This is unheard of for a first-year team.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #27823 on: July 23, 2017, 03:36:33 AM »
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Sergio526

• Underling
« Reply #27824 on: July 24, 2017, 07:17:57 PM »
Or maybe even 911 times 100.
-Spottswoode
"911 times 100?! My god, that's..."

"Yes, 91,100!"

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #27825 on: July 24, 2017, 10:36:35 PM »
hearing that Jackie Chan owns a racing team is the highlight of my day......i dont know why.
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27826 on: July 25, 2017, 04:40:33 AM »
hearing that Jackie Chan owns a racing team is the highlight of my day......i dont know why.
Personally, I'm waiting for the footage of his driver using a stepladder to beat the crap out of another car and win the race.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27827 on: July 25, 2017, 10:07:06 AM »
I understand that the "over 9000" meme is more about the delivery than the actual number, but it still amuses me, considering that DBZ power levels eventually hit the millions or billions.   Saying that someone's power level in DBZ is "OVER 9000!!!!!" is like screaming that Bill Gates has "MORE THAN 20 DOLLARS TO HIS NAME!"

Keldian

• Minion
« Reply #27828 on: July 25, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »
I understand that the "over 9000" meme is more about the delivery than the actual number, but it still amuses me, considering that DBZ power levels eventually hit the millions or billions.   Saying that someone's power level in DBZ is "OVER 9000!!!!!" is like screaming that Bill Gates has "MORE THAN 20 DOLLARS TO HIS NAME!"
A power level over 9000 is still pretty high compared to the general universe though.  It'd be more like screaming, "OVER 9 MILLION DOLLARS TO HIS NAME!"

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27829 on: July 25, 2017, 05:23:30 PM »
A power level over 9000 is still pretty high compared to the general universe though.  It'd be more like screaming, "OVER 9 MILLION DOLLARS TO HIS NAME!"

Yeah, but it wasn't the "general universe" screaming it, it was a guy whose power level was, at that point, 18,000, with spikes of up to 180,000.  (Thank you, DBZ Wiki)  He was screaming "THAT PERSON IS ONE-HALF TO ONE-TWENTIETH AS POWERFUL AS I AM!"

Fireheart

• Boss
« Reply #27830 on: July 26, 2017, 02:14:57 PM »
Bah, it's Anime.  He was saying the guy was (insert ridiculous random number).  What he was actually saying is that the guy was 'off the scale', since his Scouter only measured up to (random number).  Fanboys seized the meme and propagated it.

It's Anime, you can't treat it like Science.  You can't measure things in (random number) scale.

Be Well!
Fireheart

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27831 on: July 26, 2017, 08:35:30 PM »

Cannonball Run 2 flashback?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27832 on: July 26, 2017, 08:45:09 PM »

And how many chickens can Jackie Chan take on at one time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUCMUpVwLcs

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27833 on: July 26, 2017, 09:40:47 PM »
And how many chickens can Jackie Chan take on at one time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUCMUpVwLcs
As many as he can eat.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27834 on: July 27, 2017, 12:29:32 AM »
Bah, it's Anime.  He was saying the guy was (insert ridiculous random number).  What he was actually saying is that the guy was 'off the scale', since his Scouter only measured up to (random number).  Fanboys seized the meme and propagated it.

It's Anime, you can't treat it like Science.  You can't measure things in (random number) scale.

Be Well!
Fireheart

https://www.cs.utah.edu/~duongsaa/more_htm/jk_100animeRules.htm

:P
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Keldian

• Minion
« Reply #27835 on: July 28, 2017, 01:09:03 AM »
Nah. That just makes him more hardcore.  Chuck's got the skills to pay the bills.

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #27836 on: July 28, 2017, 01:46:50 AM »
Nah. That just makes him more hardcore.  Chuck's got the skills to pay the bills.

...being a fundamentalist bigot makes him more hard core?

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27837 on: July 28, 2017, 02:33:57 AM »
valiance online starts investor alpha tomorrow

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #27838 on: July 28, 2017, 02:35:55 AM »
Well, as regards to bigotry it does. i always thought he became a meme because he really isn't that impressive in his showfighting skills, but he was always written and portrayed as being tough anyway. i always thought David Carradine had more of a badass demeanor with neckties and the like being his only weakness. Chuck Norris is weak to anything that isn't susceptible to moderately cheesy acting.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Keldian

• Minion
« Reply #27839 on: July 28, 2017, 03:12:39 AM »
Sure, why wouldn't it be?  It's the harder road to take after all. All of media is against him. And knowing he'd get hate for what he said he said it anyway because he thought it was right. That's hardcore.