Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210593 times)

rookery.

• Nothing Gets Past This Guy!
  • Minion
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28000 on: October 10, 2017, 04:52:47 PM »
So it wasn't really good news.  :(

That said, I do hope one if not all of the successors do well. Valiance, Titans and Ship of Heroes all are making headway.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #28001 on: October 10, 2017, 09:04:35 PM »
Earlier this year?  See March 2017.

That isn't real news you tease. Atleast not news concerning the Original topic of this thread.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28002 on: October 10, 2017, 09:20:26 PM »
That isn't real news you tease. Atleast not news concerning the Original topic of this thread.

It concerns it quite a bit.  Statesman is part of the IP trying to be purchased so when he pops up in a new game it was quite surprising to all of us and shows that the IP is still being used.  What exactly this means in terms of the purchase is unknown, many assume it means the deal is off.  That is pretty big news.

It's not the news people want to hear but it still very much news. 

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28003 on: October 11, 2017, 12:08:55 AM »

That is the one TRULY amazing thing about this thread!  How little of the total content is actually on subject!  Yet, hope springs eternal, so it just goes on, and will likely do so until we have a definitive answer, one way, or another.  :o ;) :)
What was no more, is now reborn!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28004 on: October 11, 2017, 01:57:33 AM »
That is the one TRULY amazing thing about this thread!  How little of the total content is actually on subject!  Yet, hope springs eternal, so it just goes on, and will likely do so until we have a definitive answer, one way, or another.  :o ;) :)
so painful

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28005 on: October 11, 2017, 06:46:27 AM »

You're right in that it's not word from the Negotiation Team.  And that's why the info hasn't been posted on "Wake Me Up When There's News."  That thread is exclusively for that end.

But if this is a clarion call that folks should stay on topic for "New Efforts," that boat has sailed a little over 28,000 posts ago. 

It concerns it quite a bit.  Statesman is part of the IP trying to be purchased so when he pops up in a new game it was quite surprising to all of us and shows that the IP is still being used.  What exactly this means in terms of the purchase is unknown, many assume it means the deal is off.  That is pretty big news.

It's not the news people want to hear but it still very much news.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:53:11 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28006 on: October 11, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »
that boat has sailed a little over 28,000 posts ago. 

;D

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28007 on: October 11, 2017, 06:46:13 PM »

I'm sure some people would find a reason or twelve to post in this thread after a definitive answer was given. It's that kind of thread after all.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #28008 on: October 13, 2017, 02:00:44 PM »
;D

"One laugh, hooman, and I'll murder you in your sleep once I get back on dry land..."

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28009 on: October 16, 2017, 10:43:36 AM »
The cat in the picture is certainly taking a while to reach land.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28010 on: October 16, 2017, 05:39:37 PM »
The cat in the picture is certainly taking a while to reach land.

There are, probably, cannibal catfish hiding in the water waiting for a stray paw to be placed in the water in an attempt to speed the landfall of the SS Cat-Tastrophy.

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #28011 on: October 16, 2017, 06:43:48 PM »
There are, probably, cannibal catfish hiding in the water waiting for a stray paw to be placed in the water in an attempt to speed the landfall of the SS Cat-Tastrophy.

You got it wrong.  The cat is waiting for land to reach him.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28012 on: October 17, 2017, 02:23:15 AM »
It's Grumpy Cat and he is too mad at the water to do anything about it.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #28013 on: October 18, 2017, 08:02:11 PM »
People continue to post here because this is where the people who most desperately want City of Heroes to come back hang out. Rational, sensible people gave up a long time ago, hence the silliness.

I will never stop wanting it to come back, ever. So I come here and hope for good news and to read what my fellow die-hards have to say, even if it is nothing.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28014 on: October 18, 2017, 10:53:10 PM »
Yeah, at this point I'm checking in here maybe once a quarter.  I still work on characters in Mids every so often, trying not to get too rusty.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28015 on: October 19, 2017, 03:20:57 AM »
Well, if you are looking for a taste of the past, there is a Halloween event going on in Paragon Chat until the end of the month!  No combat, but temp costume drops, salvage, a Red Cap exploding on your head, and ACTUAL death on occasion, complete with a trip to the hospital!  Codewalker gave us all a gift for Halloween, and we owe him some BIG thanks!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28016 on: October 20, 2017, 03:55:09 AM »
It is time once again for ...
The weakly update

Friends, there has been a lot of activity this week from us THem.  We meet every few days with the NCSoft Executives.
The have several points of contension.
First, Kirk or Picard?
Second, paper towels or blow dryers
Third, paper or plastic
So you see we are dealing with heavy stuff here.
I would like to see you try to purchase an IP.
You think it's so easy.
We have been working our tails off for you.

princezilla

• Boss
« Reply #28017 on: October 20, 2017, 09:08:35 PM »
You're right in that it's not word from the Negotiation Team.  And that's why the info hasn't been posted on "Wake Me Up When There's News."  That thread is exclusively for that end.

But if this is a clarion call that folks should stay on topic for "New Efforts," that boat has sailed a little over 28,000 posts ago. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.
More so, I'd say that it's the final nail in the coffin, a studio just plain won't sell the rights to something they are actively using if its not costing them money and they won't lease the rights to a venture that has no chance making them a profit like relaunching a fifteen year old MMO that has been dead for the last five. The only way these negotiations are going anywhere at this point is if the team can convince NCsoft that they could make money off of licensing them the IP rights to rebrand one of the spiritual successor projects as a true sequel but I don't know enough about who is doing the to say if its realistic to even consider them being able to make that argument or that they would even want to if they could.

and thus we all use this thread to provide a record of our steady descent into madness.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28018 on: October 20, 2017, 10:15:46 PM »
and thus we all use this thread to provide a record of our steady descent into madness.

...and in the absence of any real information, descend we will!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28019 on: October 21, 2017, 01:43:28 AM »
...and in the absence of any real information, descend we will!
We can not descend to a place where we already are.