Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7209985 times)

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28240 on: January 02, 2018, 02:35:14 AM »
Happy New Year!  Let's hope this will be the one!
What was no more, is now reborn!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #28241 on: January 02, 2018, 05:11:05 AM »
May 2018 suck less than 2017
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

nicoliy

• Boss
« Reply #28242 on: January 02, 2018, 09:53:43 PM »
Happy New Year All!

kaaduu1280

• Minion
« Reply #28243 on: January 03, 2018, 01:04:25 AM »
Yet another year without the game that let me survive high school. Can only hope for some kind of progress report, good or bad.
"Do not attribute to Malice what can instead be attributed to Stupidity." -NakaTeleeli

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28244 on: January 03, 2018, 01:23:14 AM »

Happy New Year!!   :)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28245 on: January 04, 2018, 05:26:46 PM »
It's snowing where I live. It makes me want to ride the Ski Chalets.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28246 on: January 05, 2018, 12:36:00 AM »
Heh, if you have the money, it's the best government you can buy ;D  For God sakes we're so screwed!
I don't but maybe the people who tried to buy the game do ;)

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28247 on: January 05, 2018, 02:35:49 AM »
I don't but maybe the people who tried to buy the game do ;)
Just convince the elite that it fits into their plans of world domination, and they'll get CoH back online right away no matter what it takes.
No Surrender!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28248 on: January 05, 2018, 04:18:56 AM »
Just convince the elite that it fits into their plans of world domination, and they'll get CoH back online right away no matter what it takes.
I suppose you could pass it off as a World Domination training simulator...
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28249 on: January 05, 2018, 05:09:29 AM »
Not to be a downer, but I just got word Strikeflame passed away today (I don't know if anyone know who he is) Just bring back memories of people who I actually never met in RL, but had great times with online.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28250 on: January 05, 2018, 09:10:00 PM »
We also lost another player. His name is Doug Ott - AKA Todogut. He's the one who wore the Statesman costume in Wizard World Comic Con a few years back. He also passed away. This community keeps getting smaller every year. R.I.P to Strikeflame and Todogut. This year is not having a good start so far. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:17:41 PM by Dev7on »

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #28251 on: January 05, 2018, 10:59:36 PM »
Maybe we should stop worrying.
By the time an emulator or some sort of server gets up, it may be our descendants getting sued by NCSoft, not us!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28252 on: January 08, 2018, 04:02:00 AM »
Lol hmmm. Its all a nemesis plot? They might want to send us to end it ;)

Biz

• Boss
« Reply #28253 on: January 10, 2018, 01:43:15 PM »
Not to be a downer, but I just got word Strikeflame passed away today (I don't know if anyone know who he is) Just bring back memories of people who I actually never met in RL, but had great times with online.

I am very sad to hear this, he was a great person to play with

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28254 on: January 13, 2018, 01:15:52 AM »
We also lost another player. His name is Doug Ott - AKA Todogut. He's the one who wore the Statesman costume in Wizard World Comic Con a few years back. He also passed away. This community keeps getting smaller every year. R.I.P to Strikeflame and Todogut. This year is not having a good start so far.

Whoa.  I knew Doug informally, mostly on the forums.  He and I had a friendly bet about MWM bringing the game back, which he unfortunately won, and he and I conversed about a few things including his Statesman costume(s).  I was privy to his work on different versions of that costume and his plans to invade various conventions.  He also made a video based on the demorecord he did during the shutdown event thing I and a few other players staged on the beta server the week before shutdown.  I hadn't heard from him in a while, but he was a very personable and fun guy in conversation.  I'm sad to hear he has left us.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #28255 on: January 14, 2018, 12:17:59 AM »
Happy belated New Year everyone.

Never give up hope, because once you've given up hope, amazing things will come along anyway, AND THEN YOU'LL LOOK REALLY STUPID, WON'T YOU?

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #28256 on: January 14, 2018, 01:28:14 AM »
See, this is why you shouldn't just drop in and post without reading people's previous posts, people; I feel kind of tone deaf now but in my defense, HECK NO to catching up on every post I've missed in this legendary behemoth.

The news of ToDoGut's passing is not news to me as it's been floating around, but it still sits heavy with me because he was a regular part of the old forum crew, and I don't mean just everyone with a gazillion posts because half of it was from trolling; on the contrary, ToDoGut was good people and while I didn't know him closely, he was one of the familiar and oftentimes helpful "faces" I respected and always appreciated seeing around.

When I heard about his passing I was every bit as saddened as when more well-known community members punched their tickets; people like ToDoGut were the backbone of the community, and in that sense, family. Family seems like a strong word now that I've got time and distance and aren't around the community on a daily basis anymore; but time can't diminish what y'all meant to me for a decent stretch of life. Yesterday's community helped make many of us who we are today. ToDoGut lives on through that in a real big way.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28257 on: January 18, 2018, 05:43:10 AM »
Tubbius did not have to go to work on Wednesday, 1-17-2018, due to snow.

He doesn't have to go on Thursday, 1-18, either.  :/

This is fine and all, but it means he doesn't get paid for tutoring hours he couldn't do.

How are Tubbius' City friends doing?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #28258 on: January 18, 2018, 09:07:09 AM »
We were at Paradise City Comic Con over the weekend and I picked up the mildest case of con crud I've ever had.  I'd be great if it wasn't so freaking cold here I have to wear 4 layers to work in my office.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Fireheart

• Boss
« Reply #28259 on: January 18, 2018, 04:02:28 PM »
I'd send you some warmth from sunny California, but we're fresh out.

Be Well!
Fireheart