Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7211710 times)

Ultimate15

• Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28620 on: June 12, 2018, 02:46:42 AM »
Arcana, you majestic creature of insight and wisdom. I bow down before thee.

I will say that the easiest way to deflect questions is to be completely silent about a subject.  Trying to navigate the fine line between what you want to discuss and what you don't want to discuss is hard: being completely silent, absolutely perfectly silent without exception, is relatively easy. 

Yep.

I know I benefit greatly from the fact that all the things I don't particularly care to discuss are things no one knows enough to ask questions about, that doesn't also know not to ask the question publicly.

...Is that a challenge?  ;D ;D ;D
Viva la Virtue!

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28621 on: June 12, 2018, 02:46:58 AM »
Who and if any one is covered by NDA is speculation, because no one directly involved with anything was or is talking...

Damn, lost the bet - I was hoping you'd pick up on someone mention breaking an NDA publicly, and take them to task.
 ;D

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #28622 on: June 12, 2018, 08:10:35 AM »
So, a few things here:

I'm starting to think what I'm proposing is somehow getting lost in translation. Just to reiterate: I am not saying that Nate needs to come forward with new information on the negotiations. I am aware he was/is not part of the negotiations. I know he has no new updates on that front.

...And that is NOT what I am requesting/suggesting/proposing he do - I am well aware that these negotiations are dead in the water. I just think it would be a good idea for him to make, like, a 'closing statement' of some kind (that sounds awkward, but that's the only way I can think to word it right now) that relays his OPINIONS on a.) whether or not he thinks the negotiations are still on-going (which, I am gathering he very much doesn't - but I do think he should formally relay that to people by means of a statement and not a Facebook comment), b.) why he thinks they may have fell through (again, I'd be genuinely curious to know what he thinks about this), and c.) what he thinks about any future efforts to approach NCSoft regarding the purchase of the COH IP (good idea, BAAAD idea, not worth it, general advice, etc.). Again, I know he doesn't have concrete information to 'share' from the negotiators - that has nothing to do with what I have been talking about.

I think the reason why the principal of this matters so much to me is because of how much of a big deal it was. I think I said this before, and I know I'm preaching to the choir here... but this was NOT, like, a small little 'project' that someone was quietly working on all by themselves. For whatever reason(s), these negotiations were made public and it caught on like wild fire. It was huge. Therefore, I think the right thing for Nate to do would be to step forward and put closure to this by means of a statement - and maybe he can post it to the first page of the 'And the mask comes off' thread? I don't know. I think the community deserves a little more than just a Facebook comment to signify that he believes this to be finished. I care what he thinks. If you don't need him to make a statement, that's okay! Again, we can agree to disagree.

Also, for sake of reiteration: I'm not 'demanding' he do this. I obviously don't have the power nor couldn't/wouldn't try and force someone's hand at anything. I was super grateful for what he tried to do, and I wish CoT all the success in the world. This is just my opinion on what I think would be the right thing to do by the community.

Lastly, thank you Thunder Glove for relaying his comment in full from March of last year on Facebook - I didn't know that was the full comment he had made. Also, I was unaware that he had heard from the negotiators as recently as February of 2016. From what people had been saying/speculating, it seemed like Nate had very minimal contact (if he had contact at all, for that matter) with the negotiators since summer/fall of 2014. February of 2016 was much more recent than I had known.

See? I'm learning new things!
Well be shocked :) I am still holding out hope. Not because there is nothing else to play, but this was a game where I met my friends on. I quit this game in anger, for the inferior champions online. In some small way, I want to make up for my misjudgment. And isn't true that heroes never give up? My wanting to play has only heighted over the years.

I will continue to hold out hope for City of. even long after the majority has lost theirs.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28623 on: June 12, 2018, 01:23:45 PM »
Even though it is against all odds, and totally without any corroboration of even the smallest known fact, I too still hold out hope.  Sounds crazy, or stubborn, or whatever you would associate to it.  But, what is hope, but the belief that something is possible, when all empirical evidence points to the contrary?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:21:24 PM by Abraxus »
What was no more, is now reborn!

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #28624 on: June 13, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #28625 on: June 13, 2018, 12:50:46 PM »

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28626 on: June 13, 2018, 01:54:57 PM »
Viva la Virtue!

Sharde

• Underling
« Reply #28627 on: June 13, 2018, 04:47:19 PM »
Honestly still amazes me how this game shuts down but these other MMO's are still going strong when some of them honestly are absolute shite. I know each to their own but holy moly some of them are garbage..  :P

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28628 on: June 14, 2018, 02:47:48 AM »
Honestly still amazes me how this game shuts down but these other MMO's are still going strong when some of them honestly are absolute shite. I know each to their own but holy moly some of them are garbage..  :P
agreed. Tried a few, they just don't do a thing for me. Never did like WoW and KOTOR got dull fast.

Hoping the in development Shadow's Kiss can tide me over until CoH returns or the spiritual successors activate.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #28629 on: June 15, 2018, 05:08:18 AM »
being completely silent, absolutely perfectly silent without exception, is relatively easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLP9PB5DS3A

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28630 on: June 15, 2018, 06:06:32 AM »
Can always tell a Milford man.

Odimodus

• Minion
« Reply #28631 on: June 15, 2018, 08:46:56 AM »
Looks like N.Korea will give up its nukes before S.Korea/NC soft gives us back a game.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28632 on: June 15, 2018, 02:54:52 PM »
Looks like N.Korea will give up its nukes before S.Korea/NC soft gives us back a game.

North Korea isn't giving up annnnnnnnything...
Viva la Virtue!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28633 on: June 15, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »
North Korea isn't giving up annnnnnnnything...
And the moment north Korea decides (but before they can actually follow through with the decision) to give up something, the world will end and NCSoft won't have the chance to bring those games back.

So, both statement can be true.  :)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #28634 on: June 15, 2018, 06:46:30 PM »
Can always tell a Milford man.

I had to google that.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 06:55:19 PM by Captain Electric »

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28635 on: June 19, 2018, 09:44:01 PM »

Very unlikely this will happen.  I think both are about as likely to happen/

jwrhoady

• Underling
« Reply #28636 on: June 21, 2018, 08:05:00 PM »
If Pres. Trump REALLY wants to impress me, let HIM get CoX back from S. Korea.  >:(

And make N. Korea pay for it.  :o

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28637 on: June 22, 2018, 01:56:23 AM »
Mr. Trump, if you care about freedom, if you care about justice, if you care about human rights.  Mr. Trump get that game back!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28638 on: June 22, 2018, 02:33:20 AM »
Mr. Trump, if you care about freedom, if you care about justice, if you care about human rights.  Mr. Trump get that game back!

That's one of the biggest softballs I've ever seen thrown right down the middle.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #28639 on: June 22, 2018, 10:44:22 AM »
Galactaru (from orbit): THESE "EARTHLINGS" LOOK CRUNCHY. *Switches off television, pulls up Infinity Underoos* AND I'M FEELING HANGRY, OH SO... HANGRYYY....