Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7211052 times)

Primus1

• Minion
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28680 on: July 20, 2018, 01:24:45 AM »
can someone update the status of the timeline on the front page because the most recent is September 1 of last year or before that and i would like to know whether the negotiations failed or not

Last year? More like almost 4 years ago. These negotiations are long dead.
Just keep faith SEGS Can figure things out at some point. That's the only realistic option to get the game back.

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #28681 on: July 20, 2018, 02:09:49 AM »
Just keep faith SEGS Can figure things out at some point. That's the only realistic option to get the game back.

Eh I'll wait till an official word is given to proclaim dead. I mean I've heard CO is dead and that happened 4ish+ years ago. If CO can still be alive, then CoH can still have hope.
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28682 on: July 20, 2018, 02:21:01 AM »
Eh I'll wait till an official word is given to proclaim dead. I mean I've heard CO is dead and that happened 4ish+ years ago. If CO can still be alive, then CoH can still have hope.

yes, always hope.

Also hope for City of Titans, Ship of Heroes and Valiance Online. Not necessarily in that order. :)
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Primus1

• Minion
« Reply #28683 on: July 20, 2018, 06:30:52 PM »
You're comparing a game that hasn't been shut down and is still running to a game that's been shut down for years? Alright then... :/

Also, I was referring to the negotiations. I said my hope is with SEGS. Your reply misses the point with everything I said.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:38:09 AM by Primus1 »

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #28684 on: July 20, 2018, 09:08:20 PM »
Hmmm. I posted some deep thoughts, which I still totally agree with (this isn't that kind of poster's remorse), but it turned into a wall of text. Which I really try to avoid, because I actually want people to read my deep thoughts. And also because I don't enjoy feeling like I'm hogging the mic, so to speak. So maybe I will re-post later, but in a more succinct form. :)

Oh, yeah! Meanwhile, here's an article I read, briefly catching people up on development at the various successors lately:
https://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/catching-up-city-of-heroes-spiritual-successors/

Also, some pie. 

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 02:15:45 AM by Captain Electric »

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28685 on: July 21, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »
Hmmm. I posted some deep thoughts, which I still totally agree with (this isn't that kind of poster's remorse), but it turned into a wall of text. Which I really try to avoid, because I actually want people to read my deep thoughts. And also because I don't enjoy feeling like I'm hogging the mic, so to speak. So maybe I will re-post later, but in a more succinct form. :)

Oh, yeah! Meanwhile, here's an article I read, briefly catching people up on development at the various successors lately:
https://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/catching-up-city-of-heroes-spiritual-successors/

Also, some pie. 

Nice article!
What was no more, is now reborn!

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #28686 on: July 21, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »
yes, always hope.

Also hope for City of Titans, Ship of Heroes and Valiance Online. Not necessarily in that order. :)

RL keeps me plenty busy usually, so at least there's that :). And when I get a break, I'll have amazing games like Spider-Man PS4.
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

Dr. Saturn

• Underling
« Reply #28687 on: July 21, 2018, 07:40:45 PM »

Yes SEGS is our best hope. I was testing out their server recently and it was pretty fun to see the PPD Drones and NPCs back in Outbreak. They still have a mountain of work to do and need people to help them with coding and testing.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #28688 on: July 21, 2018, 11:20:45 PM »
And when I get a break, I'll have amazing games like Spider-Man PS4.

Please I hope that game will get a PC port, I've seen the gameplay trailers and OMG it looks so sweet.

I still enjoy swinging around the city in The Amazing Spider-Man based on Garfield's incarnation. I bought the DLC that allows me to play as Stan Lee LOL.

P.S. Go SEGS! The community stands to benefit every day they keep truckin'. Best of luck to those crazy Paragonians.  :) :) :)

Dr. Saturn

• Underling
« Reply #28689 on: July 22, 2018, 02:10:35 AM »
I have joined the SEGS discord and they are very friendly and helpful.

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #28690 on: July 23, 2018, 01:33:59 AM »
Please I hope that game will get a PC port, I've seen the gameplay trailers and OMG it looks so sweet.

I still enjoy swinging around the city in The Amazing Spider-Man based on Garfield's incarnation. I bought the DLC that allows me to play as Stan Lee LOL.

P.S. Go SEGS! The community stands to benefit every day they keep truckin'. Best of luck to those crazy Paragonians.  :) :) :)

Unfortunately for PC players it's not. Insomniac stated it'll always stay PS4 exclusive because it's owned by sony. Same way of Horizon Zero Dawn

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #28691 on: July 23, 2018, 10:24:28 PM »
Unfortunately for PC players it's not. Insomniac stated it'll always stay PS4 exclusive because it's owned by sony. Same way of Horizon Zero Dawn

Always remind console players of stuff like this when they raise hell over x PC game not having a console port. I'm not a fan of platform exclusives, but as soon as I see people rallying to bring, say, Breath of the Wild or God of War to PC, I'll have some more sympathy for them. Instead what I see is "lol PC sux yer stoopid for not releasing on PS4/etc!"

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #28692 on: July 24, 2018, 02:54:50 PM »
Always remind console players of stuff like this when they raise hell over x PC game not having a console port. I'm not a fan of platform exclusives, but as soon as I see people rallying to bring, say, Breath of the Wild or God of War to PC, I'll have some more sympathy for them. Instead what I see is "lol PC sux yer stoopid for not releasing on PS4/etc!"
I have all 3, and will be trading the PS4 for that spiderman PS4 pro as it's well, imo, a clear upgrade for the quality of games I may get on it. Poor original PS4 sounds like a plane engine  :'(. I have no say in X console is better than Y but lesser than Z. I sometimes find it funny to watch to wars though, for only a second though. Then I think, "Yeah these people need to get outside". To be fair(this isn't a jab at the CO game  :roll:) but some of those players as well I think the very same for on the forums

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28693 on: July 30, 2018, 05:09:13 AM »
UPDATE July30 2015 2018:
NO, WE DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE DEAL. YES, THEY ARE UNDER AN NDA. YES, EFFORTS ARE STILL ONGOING. STOP ASKING. JUST CHAT AND WAIT. THANKS.

You're welcome.

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #28694 on: July 30, 2018, 06:17:44 AM »

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28695 on: July 30, 2018, 02:32:06 PM »
I'm looking forward to giving that new feature a go!
What was no more, is now reborn!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28696 on: July 31, 2018, 01:33:01 AM »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28697 on: July 31, 2018, 02:00:48 AM »
There are archived bases?!?!
If you or someone else recorded a demorecord inside the base before shutdown, yes.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28698 on: August 02, 2018, 12:53:31 AM »
If you or someone else recorded a demorecord inside the base before shutdown, yes.
Awe :( that's a no go

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28699 on: August 15, 2018, 01:03:49 AM »

Near shutdown it became possible to free-fly through paused demorecords, and some of us were suggesting people demorecord a few seconds inside their bases because you could then revisit them within demorecords.  It turned out that all the data necessary to represent a base was embedded within the demorecord so you could view them within a demorecord, without the game servers.  Anyone who did that would have the base info recorded for some future project like PC to tap into.