Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210806 times)

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28720 on: September 18, 2018, 08:09:15 PM »
So did anyone else notice that the Asgardian ship is called Statesman and Spidey's Iron Spider suit was sporting Lord Arachnos legs. Huh? Huh? me either.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28721 on: September 18, 2018, 09:08:56 PM »

Sad people still feel 6 years later like taking jabs at the COH community for not going down without a fight.

They're probably upset that they can't garner loyalty like that.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28722 on: September 19, 2018, 01:47:33 AM »
So did anyone else notice that the Asgardian ship is called Statesman and Spidey's Iron Spider suit was sporting Lord Arachnos legs. Huh? Huh? me either.

It was mentioned a page or two back iirc - apparently all the ships from the movie were named after iconic Australian cars...

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #28723 on: September 19, 2018, 04:37:12 AM »
It was mentioned a page or two back iirc - apparently all the ships from the movie were named after iconic Australian cars...

https://www.pedestrian.tv/film-tv/apparently-theres-shitloads-of-sly-aussie-references-in-thor-ragnarok/
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28724 on: September 26, 2018, 01:27:20 PM »
Feels like hope fading around here.  In the past, there were always a few posts here on a daily basis.  Now, it can easily go a few days, to a week.  :-\
What was no more, is now reborn!

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28725 on: September 26, 2018, 03:34:41 PM »
A few posts that were totally irrelevant to the topic, maybe.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28726 on: September 27, 2018, 01:51:17 AM »
I think there was maybe one on-topic post every page or five.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28727 on: September 27, 2018, 02:33:26 AM »

Well lets kick the hornet nest with an anonymous rumor starter that will at least bring us back to talking about CoH/Paragon Studios, enjoy

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/rumor-city-of-heroes-and-wildstar-closures-an-alternate-viewpoint-from-the-inside-1000049799

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28728 on: September 27, 2018, 02:36:35 AM »
Didn't that nest get kicked enough on the previous page?

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28729 on: September 27, 2018, 02:37:52 AM »
Didn't that nest get kicked enough on the previous page?

Oh I'm late to the party, probably should check this more often

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28730 on: September 27, 2018, 01:30:31 PM »
I am on a Discord channel where "PoHSyb" (one of the devs) has spoken about the whole mess regarding misuse of funds intended for CoH2.  Pretty much called "BS" on it there in real-time, the same way he did on the post of a page or two ago.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28731 on: October 04, 2018, 08:05:12 PM »
So let's look to the future for a moment, a future where Segs has unleashed the COH emulator and we can run and customize our own servers, what would you do?

I would:

1. Update the Lore to blame Darrin Wade for the shutdown until a new hero arose to vanquish him

2. Make sure as much of issue 24 was available as possible, as I recall some of the new missions were bugged but the new powers and enhancers and pool power customization was ready.

3.  make some of my own modifications that I have been considering

A. PVP: well due to likely low server populations for awhile and that people will be starting over, I would consider (key word is consider) making Bloody Bay and Siren's Call into Hazard Zones instead of PVP. All badges, missions and temp powers are there but they are now hazard zones like Boomtown.   Have in game reminders about the ARENA and its badges and leave Warburg and Recluse Victory as PVP

B. Bases: again to compensate for low initial populations have a special limited time bonus of when you start a group and a base that you start with 36 million prestige for it and possibly the fusion generator badge as that was gained via PVP and again I expect PVP to be not used much right away. Still need the salvage of course to build it......

C. The Statesman....is dead.  LONG LIVE <insert new signature hero name here>

D. The powers and archetypes.  Time for some minor tuneups for some and some upgrades for others.  If the issue 24 power changes are not in place, I would see about inserting the i24 changes to the tier 9 armor powers to help avert power crash and long recharge times. Also the same for the Tier 9 blast powers.

Warshades and Peacebringers: when you make either one you can choose to have energy flight or the quantum teleport power, can't have both must respec to change. You get the corresponding secondary power at L10 as always.  This gives flight to human form Warshades at last and gives travel power CHOICE to both WS and PB.

WS and PB: nova form powers get a damage buff to ensure they are stronger then the human form versions.  To me this is due to the characters energies being concentrated in nova form to make stronger beams.

No further tune ups for WS that I can think of, ideas welcomed.

Peacebringer: oh get ready......KB remains in nova form beams, but human form loses KB except for the Photon Seekers. Melee gets mag 2 stun and beams a mag 2 KD except for the eyebeams and Tier 9 blast power.

Dwarf mode melee powers get mag 3 stun due to energy concentration in that form.

More power slots for PB and WS....?  Or possible unlocking of an extra power slot from a new mission for any of the Archetypes?

EDIT: Forgot one other thing for PB/WS, examine the power deactivation when transformed, see if Pool powers can be made active when transformed, barring overamping the character into a game breaker, or make pool powers SUPPRESSED when transformed.

Super Strength rage: may need to look at that power's crash and its effects. Possible minor buff to damage of the other SS powers....?

Make Moment of GLory from the regen set more.....glorious?

Energy Melee: time to look at the Energy Transfer power....restore original form or insert it as an option in the customization? Giving players a choice between the 2 versions may be best....

Restoration of player's characters lost in the Great Shutdown.......well perhaps names, levels, salvage, inf, powers, enhancers.... badges though may be a problem due to some activating accolades and other powers.   At least restore the No Defeat/No Temp Master of  badges.....?  They weren't linked to any powers so they wouldn't be a problem. Same with damage/debt/healing/money...hmmm restoration of healing badges would slightly reduce heal farming....

EDIT: perhaps restore no map and plaque badges as some are tied to accolades so that since they'd have to revist the zones for those badges, may as well get them all.  Restore all achievement and accomplishment badges not tied to powers?  Same with PVP and Gladiator badges?  Or restore none and look upon it as an opportunity rather then a burden...?

Attempt to make new incarnate trials for the powers that we never got....failing that, make the powers and have them unlocked via the other trials?   This presumes I can find data on what those powers were meant to be, though I suspect Omega was a bookend to the Alpha slot.

All costume sets from the bonus packs available in the tailor?  Size and gender change between costume slots also

Keep veteran rewards and have veteran costume pieces like the anime armor.

See if Mayhem and Safeguards can be added to Ouroborus

Anniversary badges: unless I can change how they are awarded, I would have them available for a month or two then if possible have an AE mission that awards it at the end for those that missed it.

Plug the holes that let people under the map to the Matrix room.....and/or make the matrix room a "penalty box" for those that need a time out....?

Update maps to have the red dot to show where a GM has spawned, similar to how some events showed the location on the map?  Could be useful in Grandville.......also add a count down timer for Grandville for the next flyer launch.

Endeavor to restore AE badges removed from the great Positron purge, but make the requirements more reasonable.

PVP reputation decay......revisit?  Possibly lock rep so that it doesn't decay after obtaining one or both rep badges? 

EDIT: Willpower armor set.....revisit?

Stone armor:  slight diminish of speed penalty from rooted and granite powers.....

Facelift to granite....?  use appearance of rock armor but recolored thus character costumes and auras are visible in granite.......or just have character skin change to same color as statues in AP/KR/Galaxy but have all the attributes of Granite armor......costumes and aura would remain....

Dayjobs.....reduce time from 21 days to 14..?

Mastermind upgrade.......attempt to use the mechanics of two hercules combining into a zeus to give pets power to merge....? Might be a game breaker if even possible to do......much research needed but could be a fun upgrade.....

Flight......boost flight cap speed?

Super Speed: if there is a travel power that needs an upgrade it is this one.  Walls, potholes, rocks, mountains, buildings, even water and empty should not be a problem for this power.  If the Flash can run up buildings, run on air an water then surely super speed can be upgraded in CoH.........imagining right now what it would be like to run on air in defiance of gravity in the shadow shards......
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:04:44 AM by Sinistar »
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28732 on: October 04, 2018, 08:13:10 PM »
Perhaps Darrin Wade could be vanquished by the heroic team Cease and Desist.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28733 on: October 05, 2018, 03:37:35 AM »
Perhaps Darrin Wade could be vanquished by the heroic team Cease and Desist.

I wouldn't exactly call them.....heroic.
In fearful COH-less days

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28734 on: October 05, 2018, 10:04:23 AM »
I blame the Battalion for the shutdown / missing time / etc.

Kruhl Sentru

• Underling
« Reply #28735 on: October 05, 2018, 06:42:12 PM »
I disagree.  We all know who is really behind the shutdown.  Naturally, it's all a Nemesis plot.   ;)

cyanpilll

• Underling
« Reply #28736 on: October 06, 2018, 01:37:34 AM »
So let's look to the future for a moment, a future where Segs has unleashed the COH emulator and we can run and customize our own servers, what would you do?
I just want to point out that SEGS is aiming to complete issue1 first, and then look into creating later features. Creating Warshades and such will take about as much effort as making something new, like werewolves. Changes to existing powers would be pretty easy however.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28737 on: October 06, 2018, 05:24:31 AM »
I just want to point out that SEGS is aiming to complete issue1 first, and then look into creating later features. Creating Warshades and such will take about as much effort as making something new, like werewolves. Changes to existing powers would be pretty easy however.

Oh I understand that we are a long way off as far as SEGS goes, but that doesn't mean we can't dream, speculate, hope, share our desires.....
In fearful COH-less days

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28738 on: October 06, 2018, 09:46:07 AM »
I disagree.  We all know who is really behind the shutdown.  Naturally, it's all a Nemesis plot.   ;)

I don't doubt he's been busy in the meantime  ;D

TinFoil

• Minion
« Reply #28739 on: October 07, 2018, 05:10:38 PM »
I do random City of Heroes checks every few months and searching around this time I found some new movement on SEGS that looked promising. Is there a new team working on SEGS or has the recent advancements (seen on YouTube) less exciting than I feel they are. Interacting with quest givers seems impressive!