Author Topic: OpenSSL Security Vulnerability Leaves Login/PWs Compromised  (Read 1082 times)

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
OpenSSL Security Vulnerability Leaves Login/PWs Compromised
« on: April 08, 2014, 01:03:40 PM »
I just saw the alarm raised in another community:

"ALL USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS USED ON SECURE SITES IN THE LAST TWO YEARS ARE TO BE CONSIDERED COMPROMISED. ALL.

Do you use online banking? Financial services? Google? Any accounts you care about that use HTTPS? They're probably fucked. Find their update, wait for them to be fixed, log out, log back in and change your password.

If you don't have word of a fix, ask them what they're doing. Do not log in until you have word that they're fixed or not affected."

I was skeptical, until I went looking up news sites like they encouraged people to do. First one I found confirms:

http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/news/heartbleed-bug-openssl-143353

"Security researchers have patched a serious vulnerability in the popular OpenSSL cryptographic library that they say has left OpenSSL users exposed for the past two years.

Exploitation of the flaw, nicknamed “Heartbleed” and given the official designation CVE-2014-0160, could allow attackers to obtain the secret encryption keys that allow the decoding of material protected by OpenSSL."

Well, this is lovely.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
Re: OpenSSL Security Vulnerability Leaves Login/PWs Compromised
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:38:47 PM »
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.