Author Topic: .pigg files  (Read 8666 times)

Crimson-Oriole

• Minion
.pigg files
« on: April 09, 2014, 12:59:56 AM »
Hey all,

I'm working on a project but can't seem to find some of the files i'm looking for in the piggs.  I'm looking for the Atlas statue and some others such as Talos and the Blyde Square statues.  I've looked through defnames.bin but I can't find any references to them.  Can anyone help me with the specific pathnames?

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Re: .pigg files
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 10:50:11 PM »
I can't help you sadly but I am looking for something to explore bin files. Perhaps you'd care to share the program you're using?

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 12:44:41 AM »
anybody?

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 02:51:23 PM »
Noyjitat, I have used the Pigg viewer from http://sourceforge.net/projects/piggviewer/ to explore the pigg files. I can view the inidivual bins within the piggs using this program (done so on Windows Vista 32-bit and Windows 8.0/8.1 64-bit). When I assisted with mapping the seqbits to movs, I exported the bin files as text and used scripts to search them, however once you've exported a bin as text from a pigg (man that sounds funny), you can use whatever you want to view its info.
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 03:25:45 PM »
I don't understand then... I see a bunch of other files contained within the bins when opening them in wordpad. Aren't the bin files containers like .zip? When opening them in wordpad it certainly looks that way. I'm trying to figure out how to add npc costumes (like people did on that old out of date cohmods website) and how to modify fx.

Maybe I just don't have the brains for this anymore I dunno... seems more confusing than it should be.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 05:09:33 PM »
Wordpad is a text editor. Useless for editing binary files. Try something like Hex Workshop.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 07:37:48 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how to add npc costumes (like people did on that old out of date cohmods website) and how to modify fx.

I would look in this thread: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7699.0.html That appears to be in line with what you want to do.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Fescu

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 05:39:10 PM »
Noyjitat, I have used the Pigg viewer from http://sourceforge.net/projects/piggviewer/ to explore the pigg files. I can view the inidivual bins within the piggs using this program (done so on Windows Vista 32-bit and Windows 8.0/8.1 64-bit). When I assisted with mapping the seqbits to movs, I exported the bin files as text and used scripts to search them, however once you've exported a bin as text from a pigg (man that sounds funny), you can use whatever you want to view its info.

Where did you get the d3dx9_28.dll file?
Speech is given, silence is earned.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 05:53:07 AM »
Anybody remember opening a bin file .exe or .dll in notepad on pre XP windows?
Your PC would go nuts and usually lock up.
Those were the days.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 05:35:19 PM »
Where did you get the d3dx9_28.dll file?

You can google it and download it. People say not to do that but I've yet to run into a problem and I've had to do this for several older programs and games to get them to function. Some sites exist just for files like this that are missing.

Fescu

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 06:51:31 PM »
So is there any .pigg file views that are compatible with Windows 8.1? I found out that PiggViewer is only compatible with Windows XP.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 02:18:02 AM »
No one's developed a pigg file reader that's specifically compatible with Win 7/8, but you should be able to get it to run by making a few settings adjustments.

To get it to work with Windows 7, I made these changes on the "Compatibility" tab of the program or shortcut properties:
  • Run this program in compatibility mode for Win XP SP 2
  • Disable visual themes
  • Disable desktop composition
  • Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
  • Run as an administrator
I don't know what the settings options look like in Win 8, but those would be similar things to look for.

Keep in mind that you still can't use the import feature to update textures, but you can view, export, and get sounds to play.

Fescu

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 03:38:37 AM »
No one's developed a pigg file reader that's specifically compatible with Win 7/8, but you should be able to get it to run by making a few settings adjustments.

To get it to work with Windows 7, I made these changes on the "Compatibility" tab of the program or shortcut properties:
  • Run this program in compatibility mode for Win XP SP 2
  • Disable visual themes
  • Disable desktop composition
  • Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
  • Run as an administrator
I don't know what the settings options look like in Win 8, but those would be similar things to look for.

Keep in mind that you still can't use the import feature to update textures, but you can view, export, and get sounds to play.

Yeah, Windows 8 is completely different. Fortunately for me, after my last post I was asked to change out some computers and I got to keep the old one, which just happens to be Windows XP. Thanks for you help though, everyone.