Author Topic: Marvel Heroes Weekend Event  (Read 83250 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Marvel Heroes Weekend Event
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2017, 07:04:19 AM »
Seems the apocalypse was ill-informed, the servers are still running according to their forums.  The players suspect no one came in during the Thanksgiving holiday and the shutdown will occur first thing Monday AM.  Otherwise, they might be honoring the Dec. 31st date as the official announcement stated.

Hard to imagine how if Gazillion is immediately defunct: the statements from the gaming press and dev Twitter accounts made it clear no one is left on the payroll, and Gazillion's assets are frozen.  Can't have someone asleep at the switch if they're not being paid to be there in the first place.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2017, 02:42:48 PM »
Well, maybe it won't last, but I got to play with my daughter on the weekend.  We picked Squirrel Girl originally since that was her favourite.  Got to level 60 and unlocked the Ultimate Power with some XP buffs. 

Bought some loot boxes (like a lot) and bought some characters to apply the big/small xp buffs.  Never really understood the higher level gear/crafting/etc but we had some fun using the new emotes from the boxes.

This is the second supers MMO that has been shut down on me.  I really need to stop investing my time and effort into MMO's...  >:(

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2017, 07:08:22 PM »
And it's shut down, as of about a half-hour ago.

The login screen says "Marvel Heroes Omega is temporarily unavailable.  Please again try later."

Their final message to the world is wrong and a typo.

Professional to the end :)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2017, 01:21:20 AM »
Yup.  Even wiped the website off the face of the earth.  Forums are gone as well.

Terrible all around.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2017, 02:13:19 AM »
I was logged in for a bit and had to go away from keys for a while. When I came back the game was gone. Later I refreshed the page to see if anyone had said anything interesting on the forums and they were gone as well. People were saying the site was gone just before that so I figured it would happen soon. It's sad to see a game die, but it's also kind of weird and compelling to watch how different people involved deal with it all.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2017, 03:30:55 AM »
Yup.  Even wiped the website off the face of the earth.  Forums are gone as well.

Terrible all around.
I wonder if anyone (e.g. The Wayback Machine) managed to get a backup. 
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2017, 03:27:06 PM »
I hope so.  I'm also a little sad that the mods of the Reddit group have said "Welp, game's gone, time to shut this thing down, too!"

At least Marvel Heroes.info appears to still be up.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2017, 05:48:28 AM »
And for a defunct company, they're still taking resumes it looks like.  https://www.gazillion.com/

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2017, 06:19:19 AM »
Even though I stopped playing after the "biggest update ever" (it just really ruined it for me, and I tried to go back to it numerous times to see if I could get used to it, but just never could) I'm sad to see it go. It was one of the few places I could get my 'super hero' fix that I actually didn't mind until that point.

Even more so, I'm sad to see another community lose it's home, and talented people losing their jobs right before a holiday.  :'(

*salute*

Lyc~

DBadger

• Lieutenant
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2018, 09:25:11 PM »
Trion Worlds have bought all of the assets of Gazillion, http://massivelyop.com/2018/06/25/trion-just-bought-up-gazillions-assets-to-beef-up-its-mmo-publishing-arm/

unlikely to result in MHO returning though unfortunately

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2018, 10:15:48 PM »
They'd need Marvel IP permission. Maybe we can play as Thang, Strom, and Rouge, though. Well, some sort of super hero stuff maybe.