Author Topic: Marvel Heroes Weekend Event  (Read 84057 times)

Hero of Steel

• Boss
Re: Marvel Heroes Weekend Event
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2016, 09:32:37 AM »
Log in anytime from Tuesday December 20 2016 through January 2, 2017 for a FREE Punisher Dead Winter Team-Up and Mini Mandroid MK 7 Pet! Plus log in each day to receive an additional gift each day, check out our 14 Days of Giving schedule below.

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/winter-holiday-event-2016

Free Classic Green Doctor Doom Team-Up for logging in Today. (Thursday, December 22)

Free Holiday Mystery Box (Friday, December 23)

Free Winter Wonder Boost (Saturday, December 24)

Free Mysterious Blue Omega Box and Mysterious Crimson Box (Sunday, December 25)

Free Red Holiday colored H.E.R.B.I.E. Pet (Monday, December 26)

Free Holiday Groot Team-Up (Tuesday, December 27)

Free Green Holiday colored H.E.R.B.I.E. Pet (Wednesday, December 28)

Free Festivus Pole and Snow Flurry Artifacts (Thursday, December 29)

Free Cosmic Penta Boost (Friday, December 30)

Free Ice Golem Pet (Saturday, December 31)

Free Random Hero Box (Sunday, January 1)

Free Random Costume Box (Monday, January 2)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:28:04 AM by Hero of Steel »

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2017, 03:25:23 AM »

Marvel Heroes PS4 Closed Beta Key Giveaway from Gamespot - 80k keys for NA

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvel-heroes-omega-ps4-closed-beta-key-giveaway-n/1100-6449646/

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2017, 06:32:00 PM »
They also messed up the game so it won't run on Macs, so that's a thing.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/323447/todays-patch-broke-the-game-on-mac-os-10-11-6-thru-steam

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2017, 11:38:08 AM »

From AgentPilot
  • We are giving every PC player the following once if you log in anytime between now and 11:59pm October 26 - 1 Captain America Civil War Team-Up, 1 Iron Man Civil War Team-Up, 1 Team Captain America Mystery Box, and 1 Team Iron Man Mystery Box.
  • We've kept the 150% XP bonus from the Civil War Event live for this week.
  • We have turned on the Cosmic Chaos Event.
  • We've also turned on the Big 10 Cache o'Loot boxes.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/328865/civil-war-event-delay-make-good/p1

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2017, 10:49:14 AM »
I just logged in to get my daily and was surprised to have phat lewts.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2017, 10:24:22 PM »
Looks like Marvel Heroes is coming to an end http://massivelyop.com/2017/11/15/marvel-heroes-drama-ends-badly/
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2017, 12:15:13 AM »
Interesting. I was logged in earlier and saw nothing before I decided to grab a bite to eat. Now it's all over the place that the world is ending. All I wanted was a slice of pizza.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2017, 02:35:06 AM »
I can't help but imagine there are quite a few people there who are having the same reaction we did when City shut down. I'm sorry for their loss.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2017, 12:53:25 PM »
That is just a petty and inane move.

"Someone on our staff was accused of wrongdoing? Screw our Playerbase!"

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2017, 04:07:20 PM »
It seems there's a bit more to it than that, but in the current climate that would be enough I think.

I was logged in for a bit just sort of reading chat while giving my cat some attention and saw an interesting theory being discussed. I guess the problems have been building and getting progressively worse for a while now. It seems some of the players and former fans are thinking this most recent situation coming to light is really just the excuse Marvel/Disney were looking for to end things. If so, that seems an even bigger kick in the junk to the fans who enjoyed the game.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2017, 04:42:47 PM »
The game hasn't really been doing well ever since almost the entire playerbase said "Please don't implement all the 'BUE' changes", but the devs said "We're doing it anyway.  It'll be great, you'll see!" (coupled with the playerbase going "we know you're only doing this to simplify things for the console port that we know is coming out" with the devs replying "console port?  No idea what you're talking about *shifty eyes*").

(I realize, of course, that the devs weren't necessarily saying those things of their own free will.  Being beholden to marketing people is a bitch)

Whether you think the "BUE" was an improvement or not, there's no doubt it drove away more players from the PC version than the console ports attracted.

Now they're giving everyone 1000 G a day (and lowering the price of everything in the store to 50 G), which just muddles questions about refunds for unspent G that players already had.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 02:41:01 PM by Thunder Glove »

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2017, 05:30:06 PM »
I last played the game seriously mid-2015 to early 2016, and haven't been coming back much since then. It can't nearly compare with the effect CoH's closure had on me, but this really stings.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2017, 11:14:24 PM »

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2017, 09:41:05 PM »
Gazillion developers getting tweets from other game companies asking them to turn in resumes and see what they can do.  That's some good that's happening from this messed up situation.  But otherwise...

Gazillion's management screwed everyone involved, and Bree Royce said it best in comments:  Gazillion stonewalled everyone before it fell apart (not just it's own players), and didn't expect the outcome.  Disney had a tenuous license agreement with them, promises and deadlines disappeared with nothing to show for it, so Disney pulled the license.  Gazillion made their announcement to shutdown, but forgot a part of their plan: their funding was contiguous with Disney being on board.  Since the banks were shut out of the discussion along with everyone else, they withdrew everything immediately.

So, this is what a zero-accountability shutdown looks like.  Disney pulled it's license, so they have no obligation to the game or it's players any longer leaving all the responsibility on Gazillion.  Gazillion is dead as a company, so they can't pay their staff or issue refunds, and the CEO is out the door with the rest of the staff.  That's the most likely "buck stops here" person responsible, but guess who can afford to mount a legal defense?

I'm sorry that this sets the same precedent that the City of Heroes closure did: no need for a sunset plan, just freeze everything and shut it off.  Except this will end worse than what we got... at least we got the three months because NCSoft was still going on after the shutdown.  I'm especially sorry for this game's fans, who aren't even getting what was promised after the Shutdown was announced. :( 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:52:09 PM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2017, 01:03:39 AM »
Gazillion developers getting tweets from other game companies asking them to turn in resumes and see what they can do.  That's some good that's happening from this messed up situation.  But otherwise...

Gazillion's management screwed everyone involved, and Bree Royce said it best in comments:  Gazillion stonewalled everyone before it fell apart (not just it's own players), and didn't expect the outcome.  Disney had a tenuous license agreement with them, promises and deadlines disappeared with nothing to show for it, so Disney pulled the license.  Gazillion made their announcement to shutdown, but forgot a part of their plan: their funding was contiguous with Disney being on board.  Since the banks were shut out of the discussion along with everyone else, they withdrew everything immediately.

So, this is what a zero-accountability shutdown looks like.  Disney pulled it's license, so they have no obligation to the game or it's players any longer leaving all the responsibility on Gazillion.  Gazillion is dead as a company, so they can't pay their staff or issue refunds, and the CEO is out the door with the rest of the staff.  That's the most likely "buck stops here" person responsible, but guess who can afford to mount a legal defense?

I'm sorry that this sets the same precedent that the City of Heroes closure did: no need for a sunset plan, just freeze everything and shut it off.  Except this will end worse than what we got... at least we got the three months because NCSoft was still going on after the shutdown.  I'm especially sorry for this game's fans, who aren't even getting what was promised after the Shutdown was announced. :(

I completely agree with you Tahquitz. As much as we would like to call NcSoft all kinds of names and say they are the spawn of Satan. Atleast they gave us time to say good bye to our characters, and not rip them away from us as quickly.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2017, 01:56:53 PM »
I logged into Marvel this morning and everything is still running. I had some stuff in my mailbox and all the upgrades are 1 G or 1 Eternity Splinter.

I have no idea how long this will last.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2017, 02:10:18 PM »
I was tempted to log in, but I doubt I'll ever finish leveling up Thing. I've had all of the heroes and several of the team-ups unlocked for quite a while now. It's hard to motivate myself to do anything, so I haven't logged in. Instead I'm terraforming our club world in Trove and waiting to see if everything implodes in MHO,

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2017, 09:00:48 PM »
I'm playing a bit, with Rocket Raccoon, my favorite character (and possibly the only one I like better after the BUE, thanks to some neat upgrades to his turrets).  I also tried Dr. Strange yesterday, and played Squirrel Girl (my second-favorite character) some today.

Hopefully I won't miss the game as much as I miss City of Heroes or even Marvel Avengers Alliance, which I also still get an itch to play every now and then.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2017, 06:12:58 PM »
I completely agree with you Tahquitz. As much as we would like to call NcSoft all kinds of names and say they are the spawn of Satan. Atleast they gave us time to say good bye to our characters, and not rip them away from us as quickly.
i never really tried this game because to me the whole point of playing most RPGs (which technically Marvel Heroes wasn't anyway) is to bring your own character concept to life. Although that seems a bit shortsighted since i enjoyed playing Torchlight II for a while and there the characters are predesigned. To be fair though it's not like the Torchlight characters had predefined personalities and backstories that occasionally stretch back for over half a century.

Anyway it still really sucks to have a game you enjoy playing suddenly taken away with almost no warning.
So far so good. Onward and upward!