Author Topic: So... what are you toons doing while waiting for the rebirth of Paragon City..  (Read 47603 times)

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
Airhammer has been busy working on the Mark VII version of his armor. He has found a way along with Dr Dane Hammond to increase the defensive capabilities of his exosuit significantly. Dr Hammond finally found a way to integrate a module from Dr. Quatrexin's armor into the Airhammer Mark V.. Should they get the proper funding from the FIST. Dr Hammond also believes they will be able to upgrade the armors recovery and regenerative capabilities as well...

Dr Dane Hammond AKA Neutron however has had some challenges of his own. He has had difficulty maintaining control over his radioactive abilities. He has noticed that his powers increased in strength, he can cause matter to decay rapidly and even absorb that matter into himself. While this makes him more powerful it makes his desire to live a normal life again all but impossible.

Sandstorm has been attempting to increase terrakinetic abilities with the assistance of PsyFy who has mastered his pyrokinetic and psychic powers. He has had limited success.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:40:37 AM by HEATSTROKE »

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
Capt. Incompetent is learning his battle-cry of "I apologize!" in other languages.  Unfortunately in German all he can remember is "Ich habe Gas." (I have gas.)  Fortunately this does send people fleeing.  :o

chasearcanum

• Boss
I imagine most of my characters continue to be fighting the good fight in Paragon.  I've been re-imagining them in my own universe, for the most part.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Depends on whether we have to re-roll them or not.

If we do, then they have been lost in the trackless spaces between the worlds. When they finally find their way home, the journey has left them weak and drained. They are forced to start anew and recover to get back into the fight.

If we don't, then they will investigate the time slip that caused them to lose memory for 18 to 24 months. How could this have been done to so many heroes and villains? Did they lose time or were they slipped forward? What happened in the world while they were away? Was it just supers or were normal folk effected as well?
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Biz

• Boss
All I can hope is that they still exist in some hard drive in a dusty corner in the back of some old abandoned warehouse.

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
Little David has been hopping dimensions in journal-based roleplaying communities since the death of City of Heroes. His character journal is here.

Since around this time last year, he's been in Tower of Animus, which had a premise befitting of a CoH refugee (something is destroying entire dimensions, but the Administratros of this Tower have been rescuing one person from each dimension to live there).

However, Tower of Animus is set to close soon as its plot nears its conclusion. After it's done, I might take him to one of the two superhero-themed games currently active in the Dreamwidth RP communities.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
In my mind, my characters have been busy volunteering their services rebuilding ravaged areas while protecting the citizens.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

JKPhage

• Lieutenant
Ocean Knight has been busy exploring the myriad unusual aquatic realms off the coast of Paragon and the Rogue Isles and studying the effects of the booming super culture on the surrounding marine life, bringing back any unique or dangerous specimens to his underwater base off the shore of Talos for safe keeping.

Magical Master has been indulging in his passion for performance and entertaining passersby on the street only to leap, unexpectedly, into action whenever trouble arises nearby. It's a great camouflage with his cheesy get-up and less-than-threatening demeanor, concealing immense mystical ability.

Space Blob has been working in a community outreach program with the "orphaned" Shivans in Bloody Bay, trying to decipher what they're talking about and find a way to help them possibly integrate into society and join the fight against their new, violent brethren. Speaking blob of extraterrestrial goo to blob of extraterrestrial goo seems to be helping the effort.

Squirrelman has been hanging out with his buddy Ryan Stone, both children of millionaires with decidedly hippy leanings. They've taken camping trips to Eden, Cimerora, Perez Park and Croatoa so far in an effort to stay in touch with mother earth, and along the way they've whipped some tail on the Devouring Earth for harshing Gaia's vibe, and taken care of any other threats that have disturbed the peace and sanctity of the wild.

Braintank has been helping Portal Corp researchers on expeditions to new/unknown dimensions, working as an indestructible bodyguard against any potential threats. In turn he's hoping that their research can help create a neural relay that will allow his brain to interface with a more life-like android body, allowing him to enjoy a semblance of a normal life again, as being an 8-foot tall military android with a floating brain in a jar for a head kind of cuts into your social capabilities.

Johnny Fabulous has partnered with Serge and is currently working as a super-model billboard for Icon, wearing exclusively Serge-designed costumes and plugging Icon services whenever possible. He's enjoying a return to the limelight after his hero work cut into the shooting schedule for his reality fashion show so much that it was cancelled. Just watch for the flash of hot pink and white leather overhead, and remember to stop in at Icon for a look that will take you from Super, to Stupendous!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Most of my toons retired and some of the villains (Vicious Vicki) turned over a new leaf (by appearance but not method per se) in a new city. She might return as a hero to the old city.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
My characters are all dreaming with extra-dimentional avatars, yada yada, go figure :).

I'm honestly unsure how to rp CoX's return, when it is back online.  I certainly don't plan to stay in CO, only reason I stay with that game is the rpers I hang out with, even then I don't show up all that often anymore.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
A great cosmic event has destroyed the worlds of CoH, but brave efforts of those in this world might restore that lost universe. . .
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
Xarah (Energy/Energy Blaster), Xindy (Spines/Regen scrapper) and Xophia (Grav/Kin controller) have been in stasis, but those pods have been glowing a funny shade of purple lately. Who knows how much time in a stasis pod 7-foot tall, blue-skinned, 85-pound alien women can endure without so much as a healthy glass of wootgratz juice?

Granny? (Warshade), Red Granny (Fire/Fire tank) and Green Granny (Empathy/Energy Defender) have mostly been drinking way too much single-malt scotch and bitching about how the powers-that-be don't know nothin' and screwed it all up. They're surly, but I'm not entirely sure I disagree. They seem to be hunched over more each day, and I'm afraid one of them might end up permanently face-planted. Hopefully old age won't catch up to them before it's too late.

The spice girls ("Cardamalm", "Nutmegan", "Coriandra", Kin/various controllers) have taken respectable day jobs, ditched the masks and the tights and gone with middle-age pant suits. Accounting is every bit as challenging as kinetics, and pays much better. Who knows if they'll even return? Controllers always had it rough in Paragon City, especially venturing out with no group support onto the Triumph server. No respect, I tells ya.

Sofa Kingdom (Inv/SS tank) just don't care. If he can get back to smashing bad guys he'd maybe smile more, but collecting garbage around suburban Phoenix ain't too bad a gig. At $17/hr he can do double shifts and not even break a sweat, then spend all night hanging out with the grannies, swigging cheap beer, smiling and nodding every so often (so they don't get pissed off at him). He still chants his moniker, under his breath, in fond remembrance of the adoring townsfolk who gazed at their watches, jogged by and waved, scratched their temples and shook their heads into their newspaper headlines as they strode past him in the streets chanting his name "so fuh king dum, so fuh king dum..."

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
Well, just as there are the Rikti and the true Rikti, my team is is banishing the true Pantheon (NCSoft).

I'm basically watching on with kid-like wonder with my nose against the glass waiting for that key to randomly fit into the activator to neutralize the paralytic fluid around The Habitat in that Aeon Flux episode, so that my toons may swim free again.
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
Xarah (Energy/Energy Blaster), Xindy (Spines/Regen scrapper) and Xophia (Grav/Kin controller) have been in stasis, but those pods have been glowing a funny shade of purple lately. Who knows how much time in a stasis pod 7-foot tall, blue-skinned, 85-pound alien women can endure without so much as a healthy glass of wootgratz juice?

Granny? (Warshade), Red Granny (Fire/Fire tank) and Green Granny (Empathy/Energy Defender) have mostly been drinking way too much single-malt scotch and bitching about how the powers-that-be don't know nothin' and screwed it all up. They're surly, but I'm not entirely sure I disagree. They seem to be hunched over more each day, and I'm afraid one of them might end up permanently face-planted. Hopefully old age won't catch up to them before it's too late.

The spice girls ("Cardamalm", "Nutmegan", "Coriandra", Kin/various controllers) have taken respectable day jobs, ditched the masks and the tights and gone with middle-age pant suits. Accounting is every bit as challenging as kinetics, and pays much better. Who knows if they'll even return? Controllers always had it rough in Paragon City, especially venturing out with no group support onto the Triumph server. No respect, I tells ya.

Sofa Kingdom (Inv/SS tank) just don't care. If he can get back to smashing bad guys he'd maybe smile more, but collecting garbage around suburban Phoenix ain't too bad a gig. At $17/hr he can do double shifts and not even break a sweat, then spend all night hanging out with the grannies, swigging cheap beer, smiling and nodding every so often (so they don't get pissed off at him). He still chants his moniker, under his breath, in fond remembrance of the adoring townsfolk who gazed at their watches, jogged by and waved, scratched their temples and shook their heads into their newspaper headlines as they strode past him in the streets chanting his name "so fuh king dum, so fuh king dum..."

Okay the last line had me ROFLMAO.

Spadra

• Underling
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:43:39 PM by Spadra »

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Metal Britches escaped to Millennium City, as did Captain Patriot (after a costume and name change to Paragon Protector, "picking up the mantel" of Statesman). Darkwing Turducken made it out separately, completing the transition to full-on hero, also changing his costume, using The Family as inspiration.

The rest fell defending the city...
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Triage IV

• Lieutenant
Very cool thread...I have to think about this a while...

Hmmmm...
Waiting for the day Paragon returns.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
Mitsurugi Misawa has used funds gathered from selling technology from his former company to further increase the abilities in his own unique exosuit project " Aka Furasshu ".. The Red Flash... He can now utilize up to four separate teleportation attacks in addition to the electrical attacks the armor posses. In terms of pure speed he is quite possibly the fastest member of the organization known as The Retribution..

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Mab, Queen of Winter - ponders the Paragon world from Arctis Tor and time moves as she wishes it to within her walls.

The full Winter Court has been summoned and she awaits her Knight - Harry Dresden to appear. Between the pulses of electrons Mab waits patiently as the mortal world is in turmoil and Mab is facing an incursion from the Outsiders. Once they are sent howling in defeat the mortal world will once again begin to turn. Summoned to her Court is Carillion and she sings of the beautiful, terrible Winter.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
Depends on whether we have to re-roll them or not.

If we do, then they have been lost in the trackless spaces between the worlds. When they finally find their way home, the journey has left them weak and drained. They are forced to start anew and recover to get back into the fight.

If we don't, then they will investigate the time slip that caused them to lose memory for 18 to 24 months. How could this have been done to so many heroes and villains? Did they lose time or were they slipped forward? What happened in the world while they were away? Was it just supers or were normal folk effected as well?
This is basically my take on the situation.  When City of Titans launches, I will declare them reincarnated into another universe after the destruction of their own.  That they are some of those lucky few who managed to escape...mostly intact, but yes, having to start over again.