Author Topic: Very Extremely Extraordinarly Stupid Honest Question..  (Read 10845 times)

NeoFight

• Underling
Very Extremely Extraordinarly Stupid Honest Question..
« on: May 01, 2014, 09:08:07 AM »
I've not seen any glimpse of Misty Lackey, aka Mercedes, aka Victoria V in a long, long time, and I've been kinda, sorta, really worried about her.  I've read most (well, some...) of her books, and was astonished to learn that she played my beloved CoX, and volunteered her considerable talents to the resurrection/revival.  But she's dropped off "the map"  (or mine at the very least)...

I'd love hear if she's OK... and also hope she would play any of the the revivals.  As I definitely will.  Perhaps we'll team !  (as with everyone !)
DEBT before DISHONOUR !!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Very Extremely Extraordinarly Stupid Honest Question..
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 07:00:31 PM »
AFAIK she had a really rough time with City's demise, compounded by a really rough year.

Heck, I don't blame her for dropping out of the limelight.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »
There are many people that I teamed with that I have no idea what if anything they are up to. GEL or Green Eyed Lady who played on Liberty had already been hard to find before the announcement. She was a great Tanker and I would love to know if she is OK and doing well.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

JKPhage

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 01:43:19 AM »
AFAIK she had a really rough time with City's demise, compounded by a really rough year.

Heck, I don't blame her for dropping out of the limelight.

Yes, I seem to recall she had a death in the family, someone very close to her, and that was just the tip of the iceberg, which came shortly after the closure of the city, so she started spear-heading the movement, then had to drop out for a few weeks to deal with that particular issue before coming back to resume efforts. Unfortunately we kind of hit a wall and a big chunk of people seemed to just give up and leave, which it seems, sadly, that she was one of. I can imagine that with all she had been through that year, she only had so much to give for the game, when it basically looked like we weren't going to ever get anywhere, having exhausted our resources. Hopefully she's doing well and we'll see her again when we get the game back. She was working on a series of super hero novels that were a join effort with a few other authors last I heard, which she had acquired permission for to include Ascendant's famous one-sided phone conversation in as a tribute to him after his passing. To my knowledge this particular novel hasn't been published yet, so in all likely-hood she simply ran out of steam for the cause and had to turn her attention back to her writing to complete this project.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 09:19:14 PM »
Yeah, I was under the impression that it was a rough year, combined with contracts to fulfill certain writing deadlines / obligations. As good as CoH is, spearheading a movement to restart it doesn't pay the bills.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

RachelAdria

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 07:26:52 PM »
I had a similar year, so I feel her :( My mom died Nov 16th.. and I was, at the time, trying to rush through on I24 build to see a lot of content I hadn't before. Well.. priorities shifted. 2012 was garbage for me :(

InOnePiece

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 12:53:08 AM »
She's zoning.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 08:20:05 PM »
It was a very hard year.. she lost her beloved mom, and is still trying to cope. Also, she has book commitments, so her plate must be full. She will most likely pop in and post when the dust settles...I hope so.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 09:31:27 AM »
She had a very rough year plus  *checks bibliography * by my rough count between the beginning of  2012 and now she had 19 books published! Yoiks just thinking about that makes my  fingers and wrists HURT! Now some of those are anthologies that she edited so more work and others are collaborations.  I think she got hammered emotionally and with everything on her plate *looks back at list* she had to make a choice.  I fully expect if her work load eases she will be back with ideas and suggestions.

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 11:40:12 PM »
 I just hope she browses the forums and knows how much the Community misses her, and sends well-wishes and prayers for her as she deals with her loss and contractual obligations.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:37:45 PM by Nyght-shade »

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 02:36:09 AM »
Her standing up for us and trying to aid us in such a dark hour? Means a hell of a lot to me. VV if you ever see this? Thank you so much for everything. I will not forget what you done, you helped keep many of us going.

Seriously I just hope if COX does come back she's able to enjoy it.

Des_Tructive

• Lieutenant
  • SLAP!
    • Meta - Superhuman Covert Ops (german)
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 05:04:51 AM »
I just hope she browses the forums and knows how much the Community wishes her, and sends well-wishes and prayers for her as she deals with her loss and contractual obligations.

I couldn't have said it better.
CoX: @DeS Tructive
TSW: BloodyCarrie; HrFaust; TheContact

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 02:44:53 AM »
VV if you see this, high five! Come on don't leave me hangin'! ;D

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 05:22:08 AM »
Along those same lines, has nobody heard nothing from. Strange Tactics.  She used to run all defender and controller teams on protector.
Gee, I really miss those teams.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »
Yezz, hope all is well. Didn't she make youtube videos, too?

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »
I had a similar year, so I feel her :( My mom died Nov 16th.. and I was, at the time, trying to rush through on I24 build to see a lot of content I hadn't before. Well.. priorities shifted. 2012 was garbage for me :(

Same here... lost a buddy in July and my Dad in October.  A very crappy year.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 09:23:49 PM »
Same here... lost a buddy in July and my Dad in October.  A very crappy year.

I know the feeling, 2009 was hell for me.  Death of mom, car accident soon after that, then a month later some careless idiots burn up the apartment building I was living in forcing me to move.  Then had a new supervisor at work with a hardcase attitude who I ended up crossing swords with........he lost.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 12:23:23 AM »
Then had a new supervisor at work with a hardcase attitude who I ended up crossing swords with........he lost.

Yikes!  That sounds kind of spooky.  Awesome!
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.