Author Topic: You Create a Group: The Arrow Girls! (CoH CCG Characters)  (Read 1856 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
You Create a Group: The Arrow Girls! (CoH CCG Characters)
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »
So I just discovered a City of Heroes hero card for a heroine named "Bottle Rocket" (http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/COHCCG/Bottle_Rocket). Her signature power, "Skyrockets in Flight" (no seriously: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/COHCCG/Skyrockets_in_Flight) says:

Bottle Rocket is the leader of the Arrow Girls - a team of three young women trained by Virginia Bowman, the Olympic archer who trained Manticore.

Bottle Rocket is one of several heroes and teams that are only seen in the card game. So I was thinking, we should have a little exercise in character creation (I would call it a contest, but I lost all my inf a year and a half ago, so I don't have anything to give). Create a costume in Icon, or a backstory in your word processor of choice, or both, and post them here! A few requirements:

The backstory doesn't have to be an actual lengthy story - it could be a blurb that would fit in the info box in game.

The idea is to create heroes that you could play in-game. So power set choices should reflect that. Costumes don't have to, given Icon's capabilities, but it might be weird to see an Arrow Girl with a Crab backpack, for example.

Bottle Rocket has to be an Archery / Electric Manipulation Blaster, per her card. Her costume doesn't necessarily have to match her card, since you can hardly see it in the artwork.

The other two girls have to have Archery as a power set, so they can be a Blaster, Corruptor, or Defender (if it's relevant to the story - but bear in mind the intention here to be playable, so you're limited to those archetypes' complementary power sets).

Any power pools, Incarnate stuff, or what have you is open to whatever you want, as long as it would be achievable in game. Bear in mind that the flavor text implies that this is a young team, possibly still under Virginia Bowman's wing. Of course, the cards were made way before the Incarnate system was created, so that may not be relevant.

Virginia Bowman is an existing character, but little is known of her. She was Manticore's English nanny, and trained him to excel mentally and physically, and revealed his heritage to him when he turned 18. She presumably then went on to train the Arrow Girls, but the details of everything else are up to you, if you decide to write a story that involves her.

If you do want to go beyond what's capable in-game, that's fine - most of the CCG heroes that were used in-game became the minor heroes / villains we see in morality missions and mayhem / safeguard missions. They did generally stay true to certain archetypes and the player-available costume creator, though, and that's the intention here. Giving each of them a non-standard power (like Bottle Rocket's "Skyrockets in Flight") is fine, but don't go overboard.

Edit: It's worth noting there are a few other female archers that have cards, but none that mention the Arrow Girls or Virginia Bowman. You can use them if you want in the story, but I kind of want to see what original concepts people come up with!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:22:25 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame