Author Topic: Big Problem  (Read 10909 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
Big Problem
« on: May 27, 2014, 03:35:52 PM »
Hi,

I just got done uprooting a virus that the guy who helped me install my new speakers in my laptop accidentally put in my computer when he was using some bad software to make a fake driver for the sound device.

anyways the virus completely destroyed Winsock and winsock2, I had a heck of a time figuring out how to fix winsock.

anyways now I'm able to get online again and such then titan network forum promptly tells me I have been banned because my ISP has too many spammers..... of course it does I'm in china.

please help. (is using temporary VPN to get on here)
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Big Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 07:21:44 PM »
What is your IP address?

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:11:58 AM »
What is your IP address?

currently: 192.168.0.102

but it changes sometimes.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 05:24:34 AM »
currently: 192.168.0.102

but it changes sometimes.

No no, that's your private address.  Go to this site and tell me what is next to the "Your IP address is" label at the top.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 03:24:14 PM »
No no, that's your private address.  Go to this site and tell me what is next to the "Your IP address is" label at the top.

very well, 111.174.59.18

I thought IPCONFIG reported it, seems it doesn't.

thanks for the help with this.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 10:28:34 AM »
Got some more permanent VPN and deleted the titan cookies. forum is accessible now. Thanks for your help TonyV.

JoshexProxy

• [citation needed]²
  • Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 01:02:59 AM »
Tony, or anyone, I'm in China on a trip again forr a few months andthe auto ISP ban has happened again, here's my IP

JoshexProxy

• [citation needed]²
  • Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 04:48:29 AM »
IP still the same, this is the message I'm getting when not using a proxy:

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Your ISP hosts too many spammers.
This ban is not set to expire.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 07:32:27 AM »
thankyou whoever or whatever undid the ISP ban!, or maybe theres still a problem and I merely rerolled an IP not listed as from a spam server.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 05:38:50 PM »
Correct, you are no longer on the spam server. We're unlikely to ever get rid of that because it really does host *that many* spammers. Looking over our logs, I see a hit every couple days blocked by it (not including your recent hammering :p )
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 07:07:46 AM »
Correct, you are no longer on the spam server. We're unlikely to ever get rid of that because it really does host *that many* spammers. Looking over our logs, I see a hit every couple days blocked by it (not including your recent hammering :p )

heh, yeah, I was desperate to get into my account for a PM I was expecting. didn't want to share my account password with a proxy server though.

just out of curiosity, it's obvious the spam server is here in china, so just what would they want to spam titan network with every 2 days? perfect world entertainment ads for CO?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 08:47:58 PM »
heh, yeah, I was desperate to get into my account for a PM I was expecting. didn't want to share my account password with a proxy server though.

just out of curiosity, it's obvious the spam server is here in china, so just what would they want to spam titan network with every 2 days? perfect world entertainment ads for CO?

Probably the usual gibberish with links you see when a spambot makes it through a forum's filters. I suspect PWE would like to at least try to look like a good company.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame