Author Topic: Good City of heroes Icon video !  (Read 3889 times)

alphajaybo

• Lieutenant
  • The one The only Alpha Protocol V2.9
Good City of heroes Icon video !
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:08:58 PM »
Hey guys! I found this when scrolling through some City Of Heroes videos on youtube! This is probably one of the videos after shutdown that I just genuinely loved. One of my favorite Tribute videos!

Here is the video link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgAb0T__EXA

Video made by someguy9111991
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:16:56 PM by alphajaybo »
Daoc CoH and WoW

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
Re: Good City of heroes Icon video !
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:25:07 PM »
Really well done. Had not seen that Before. Sad really at the 4 minute mark.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:37:28 AM »
That brought tears to my eyes.  Been a rough day today in general.  Really could have used a few hours in coh to burn off the frustrations of the day.

Thanks a lot....ncsoft. 
No Surrender!

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 03:28:19 AM »
I was looking the video, alphajaybo, and I was looking at some of the other videos.  I came across a site called Valiance Online.  It claims to be a successor to coh.  Anyone know anything about it?
No Surrender!

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 04:28:56 AM »
I was looking the video, alphajaybo, and I was looking at some of the other videos.  I came across a site called Valiance Online.  It claims to be a successor to coh.  Anyone know anything about it?

LadyVamp -- I believe there's a whole section of discussions on VO under the Plan Z header. 

In a nutshell, a dev group with a 60-ish percent developed fantasy game decided to adapt the project into a COH spiritual successor. 

They had an early open pre-alpha up some months ago (I had 8 some alts) and are now in a closed pre-alpha testing mode.  The open pre-alpha was quite impressive for a "rough sketch" game.  They had a small section of city developed, VERY minimal character customization working, a single model "enemy" and a single contact that could give you the mission to defeat 20 of the enemy (4 ft high robots  who would shoot you with beams of some kind).  Basic movement and combat were quite nicely done (again, for a "sketch") and I had some fun beating up robots and flying around their city center.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:37:14 AM by Ohioknight »
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 04:35:29 AM »
Hey guys! I found this when scrolling through some City Of Heroes videos on youtube! This is probably one of the videos after shutdown that I just genuinely loved. One of my favorite Tribute videos!

Here is the video link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgAb0T__EXA

Video made by someguy9111991

I have to counter that sad video with my favorite... Angelus Animi's Unity which I believe is worth reposting.
The embodiment of my hopes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyn_YuMLSNc

"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 05:21:02 AM »
I have to counter that sad video with my favorite... Angelus Animi's Unity which I believe is worth reposting.
The embodiment of my hopes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyn_YuMLSNc

Videos like that inspire me to strive to be a little more heroic and not give in to despair. It's one of the reasons that I liked CoH so much.

Never give up. Never surrender. We are Heroes. This is what we do.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 06:57:55 AM »
Oh, god, our infamous, bat-guano Pikabko found that video - not once, but twice. That poor OP.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal