was there nay plans for an ice scrapper? This would be a cool power set
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Ice
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 02:42:40 PM »
I never heard of any plans, but there were Ice Armor and Ice Melee sets, as well as ice ancillary sets, so it wouldn't have been too hard to port over. I imagine they would have done so eventually, given the amount of power set proliferation going on.

It's worth noting that Ice would not have been proliferated to Brutes, per the bottom of the page: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Power_Set_Proliferation
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 06:13:46 PM »
I never heard of any plans, but there were Ice Armor and Ice Melee sets, as well as ice ancillary sets, so it wouldn't have been too hard to port over. I imagine they would have done so eventually, given the amount of power set proliferation going on.

It's worth noting that Ice would not have been proliferated to Brutes, per the bottom of the page: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Power_Set_Proliferation
that does make since, I was thinking of which characters I would make when this game comes back :). An ice scrapper would be awesome.

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 05:20:18 AM »
Ice armor was available to stalkers, and was pretty darn great. You might give that a try.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 05:39:08 AM »
I wouldn't take that as gospel.

Toward the end there was a comment by Arbiter Hawk, IIRC that basically said that all sets an AT could get would eventually be proliferated.  AKA all melee sets and all defensive sets would eventually end up in the hands of all melee ATs.

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 02:39:33 PM »
I wouldn't take that as gospel.

Toward the end there was a comment by Arbiter Hawk, IIRC that basically said that all sets an AT could get would eventually be proliferated.  AKA all melee sets and all defensive sets would eventually end up in the hands of all melee ATs.

spines/ice scrapper would rock and with the buff in I24 to ST on spines to barb swipe and lunge hum that would have been fun

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 09:47:28 PM »
spines/ice scrapper would rock and with the buff in I24 to ST on spines to barb swipe and lunge hum that would have been fun
or having an ice/fire scrapper :)

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 12:34:28 PM »
or having an ice/fire scrapper :)

I had a lot of scrappers 7 50's and after playing the ones with taunt auras made the rest of the secondary's so ho hum

I mean when I did my db/elec I about punched my monitor compared to the db/ea which had some taunt or shield or WP even with it's weak taunt

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 12:57:17 PM »
I had a lot of scrappers 7 50's and after playing the ones with taunt auras made the rest of the secondary's so ho hum

I mean when I did my db/elec I about punched my monitor compared to the db/ea which had some taunt or shield or WP even with it's weak taunt

It does beg the question, though, how much of a difference would there be between an ice/ice scrapper and an ice/ice tank? I'm guessing they would "feel" very simiar.
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 03:32:28 PM »
It does beg the question, though, how much of a difference would there be between an ice/ice scrapper and an ice/ice tank? I'm guessing they would "feel" very similar.

Probably the same amount as between a fire/fire tanker and scrapper. I never played either of those combos, so I wouldn't know, but it's probably the best way to figure your question out.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
Probably the same amount as between a fire/fire tanker and scrapper. I never played either of those combos, so I wouldn't know, but it's probably the best way to figure your question out.

Good point! I'll hop on after work...
err...  :P
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 01:37:42 AM »
I always for some reason thought a fire scrapper did abit more damage than the tank version.

Also question what was the reason for there not being a energy scrapper? I made a energy brute and it rocked :D

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 06:00:37 AM »
Prolly just not a prioritized Proliferation considering Kinetic Melee sorta fit the thematic gap.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 05:31:47 PM »
That is true, kin melee I felt it played like the defender/controller version of kin. Just more punchi, I do wish I gotten my kin scrapper to 50, but I only got it to 26. :(

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 03:32:26 PM »
That is true, kin melee I felt it played like the defender/controller version of kin. Just more punchi, I do wish I gotten my kin scrapper to 50, but I only got it to 26. :(

I wanted to like Kin on the scrapper but the set was just yawn and the Jazz hands oh those Jazz hands

I Loved the EA port made a DB/EA and that was sweet

I was looking forward to testing Bio-Armor