Author Topic: A Day at the Mall  (Read 1390 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
A Day at the Mall
« on: June 18, 2014, 06:06:11 AM »
I am officially the Master of this Alert which is now my favorite regular Alurt.

If you ever see anyone pull all mobs in one long train until they end up agroing the Boss at the end *while the cutscene is playing* (before he spawns) - that's MINE (tm). I came up with that move. No one ever did that before ME. I love doing it. Have been for awhile. Wanted to claim credit.

Carry on.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: A Day at the Mall
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 05:43:23 AM »
While we're talking about that alert, there's an "Easter Egg" in there for anyone to find.

After the alert is done, but before the timer for forced exit runs out, go to the place on the map (it's really just the Vibora Bay Map with a section walled off) where the glowing portal is for the Powerhouse.

You'll notice it's actually active and you can go through it.

This is the one place in the game where you can find THE ORIGINAL version of the Powerhouse. It's actually not as nice as the newer version. But it's interesting for historical comparison. It's a pretty straightforward, no frills thing compared to what we have now. But aside from no theater, PVP arena, or costume change area, it has all the same equipment and rooms.

So what happens if you exit the normal way? Well - you wind up in Vibora Bay. The real one. There are actually two versions - the 20-25 level version and the 35-40 version. Which one you get may depend on your level, but don't quote me on that. It's been awhile since I checked. But if you're running a pre-level 20 character, be CAREFUL about visiting the rest of the map. You might get a nasty surprise. REALLY nasty if you wind up in the 35-40 version of the map. Just saying.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 07:34:52 AM »
You get put in the 35-40 version regardless, if you do that. Normally you can only get into the lower level version if you have the mission there, and into the higher level version if you've done the apocalypse. Otherwise you can't get in at all.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 12:59:58 PM »
I remember skim reading something about this when I was googling for info but all I got out of it was that there was a way to access the old Powerhouse. No details, like this. Cool stuff! I'll have to try this.

It's kinda funky how the game/cutscenes/instances/zones can be tied together. Like how lots of times people will pose for a cutscene at the end of an Alert hehe.  Instead of a bland, stored, cutscene, you can actually interact with them a little.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 02:42:43 PM »
You could do that in CoH too. I've got quite the collection of screenshots of people doing silly things in cutscenes. Also there's the story I've told more than once on these forums about blowing Nemesis up with massively stacked tripmines during his cutscene.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »
Holy cow I can't remember the CoH cutscenes atm..

There was something in CoH about this hidden room too. I can't even remember what it was right now. I got dragged there at least twice and I can't tell you one thing that was in it.

Hopefully that's due to just being a long week.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 02:09:59 PM »
I've seen 1 person go for Master on this Alert and they came close. He wasn't attacking the boss in the cutscene so he gets a 99/100.

Bonus points if the boss is bleeding/poisoned/etc. Double bonus if you're never out of the boss's target. There's also special bonus points for not faceplanting any newbs along the way *whistle*
Some Faves: