Author Topic: You suck, Perfect World Entertainment  (Read 3355 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
You suck, Perfect World Entertainment
« on: June 18, 2014, 01:44:19 PM »
I was just thinking last night how nice it was to not have serious network problems in CO lately.

Then my access to Fortuna went away. I've been saving resources in Fortuna for ~ 2 or 3 MONTHS now because I knew a city upgrade was coming and I wanted to get enough prosperity going (go with me) so that when my city did get upgraded that even if I got attacked I would be OK. Yesterday, finally, my city got upgraded and I spent all those resources to build up that prosperity, to protect me, and now, due to I can't log on since last night and continue my strategy, everything I've worked towards for the past months will almost for sure get wiped out as I sit in a downgraded city with everything I bought with those resources I'd been saving for months - gone, and, when my city gets enough prosperity to level up again - I'll have no resources to protect it.

So.. I figure, well, that would suck. Lets load up that bloated mess called ARC and see if it helps get me in. Who knows, I cancelled the update on their 'it's only 9 megs' cheesy web interface right after it ate a third of my CO bandwidth for the day.

Perfect World Entertainment, you, suck.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
Re: You suck, Perfect World Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 05:16:36 PM »
I am not surprised about this, after a year they cancelled the kitchen sink updates, and have only been given weak updates. I have given up on Champions online because of this. Pwe/Cryptic does not care what happened to it.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 07:00:39 PM »
Naww I have no problem with the game. CO that is. Or even Fortuna. Fortuna is kinda awesome in a weird way.

I just happened to get attacked when a months long awaited City upgrade happened in Fortuna which threatened to undo said upgrade and was one I had planned for, for months. My planned reaction was to blow an obscene amount of game currency and resources that I have been saving for months so that I was firmly planted into that City upgrade.

To maintain not getting blown away - I have to be able to log in. I can't.

So yeah, I was like wow art imitates life and threw a hissy fit but I still like Fortuna and CO and as a free player I can't do much more than throw said hissy fit, which, like a big baby, I did. Right here.

Ah well.

I like CO. Fortuna too.

This is an issue with both games that I am beginning to notice as a fading/recurring one... I start to forget how really not cool their network problems can be. And then they sock it to me with them.

This was definitely a good I missed the CO LTS sale remorse killer. That's all gone now. I would still go the 6 bucks gamecard route if I was subbing today. Not due to the game but their ISP.

Still can't log into Fortuna. Can only imagine the digital tragedy unfolding there at this very moment.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »
Because I know everyone's on the edge of their seat waiting to hear the conclusion...

The last update on Fortunas support errr Facebook page is still from a month ago but something must have happened besides the Flash update today. I had 180ish days played and now it says I am on Day 1.

Finally just now logged in. All my stuff was there. No one attacked. Probly because they couldn't log on either..

So far the worst thing I can tell is that somehow I came up missing over an entire day's worth of bandwidth. I'm guessing, due to something with that bloated mess they call Arc.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 01:26:52 PM »
Devil Post! Devil Post!!

This seemed like the perfect place to drop post.... 666

: p PWE

Get some new servers huh?
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 01:30:41 PM »
Begone 666!

Sorry spam..
Some Faves:

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 10:02:21 PM »
You typed Fortuna but I read Fortunata... damn....

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 10:13:46 PM »
The luck goddess?

Ah well, I'm glad things worked out. Look forward to playing some CO tonight.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 01:43:28 PM »
As close as it gets.

Othello ftw!

Her army was a lil bigger (top number). Mine, a lil stronger. Formation, what Heroes you choose and how you use them makes a huge difference.

Just to give you a flavor...

Some Faves:

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 11:02:45 PM »
I have no idea what that was, but I enjoyed the by-the-skin-of-your-teeth win.  :)

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 04:27:40 AM »
Getting into the big leagues now... After some lucky wins I'm almost in the top 100 now at 104.

A glorious loss.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 02:39:20 PM »

RawR

Finally, after over a year, busted through the top 100 a lil while back and am fighting my way into the tournament top 50.

I'm kinda proud of this fight due to how overmatched I was. The top number represents how many soldiers. The bottom measures army strength based on who's leading the troops and how they're geared and what level they are.

It will probably take me months to get my troop strength and size numbers up to what my opponents are. Just a few days ago my army got it's first additional hero and troops since months.

Some Faves: