Author Topic: Sorta Soloed A Legendary in an alert ...  (Read 801 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Sorta Soloed A Legendary in an alert ...
« on: June 27, 2014, 01:19:02 AM »
So my latest toon is a Freeform that's focused on being a Ranged Telekinetic. (Regeneration Passive and the Self Rez from Bestial Supernatural.)

I'm wanting to get him to 40 to get a slot open because I want to remake either my rad/rad Defender or my Rad/Rad Corruptor (or both) in CO primarily using the poison attacks.

So last night and tonight I've been running alerts to get up to 34 (so I could do the Vibora Apocalypse during Double XP). The last alert I was doing was a Museum Heist against Rakshasha.

There's only four of us on the team to begin with, and if I'm not the Highest DPS on the team, I'm probably a close second. I die a couple times getting to Rakshasha, but we make it there.

Then during the final boss ... well, during the final boss two of our four players decide to essentially twiddle their thumbs. I'm dragging Rakshasha around the room and he's dropping his mind-worms and the fourth player is doing his best to help me, but he's probably killed two or three times during my little tango with Raks. (The other two players did spend some time killing the mind-worms  but they never got within half a room of Raks unless I led him to them.)

When it's all done, the fourht player sends me a message saying, "You soloed him!"

(I think he did help some but I do believe I probably did the lion's share of the work...)

Just never saw two players in an Alert essentially stand around watching like that...

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Sorta Soloed A Legendary in an alert ...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 02:58:36 AM »
Sometimes a 'crummy' team (who knows what is going on on their end) can make for a good fight. I've said this before with Gravi. Pugs with Gravi are kinda decent due to who knows what you're going to get, you'll probably win, but it might be by a pixel.

Another time here I said how cool I thought it was that someone knew how to pull the entire map in an Alert. I forget which one but he agroed the whole map to me when I was on my Justice geared tank and it was a lot of mobs. The guy was my hero. Made me wish for my duoing days. It was a big mass of rolling yellow numbers and fun.

Then. Then, directly after posting here, I had someone *trying* to pull the whole map while I was running XP Alerts with my mid level deeps toon. He didn't get near the whole map on his pulls but he still got enough to train us to death. After so many times people including me started dropping after leaving our negative comments about how we felt about what just happened.

Anyway, grats on your score with epic fight rng : ) Good stuff.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>