Author Topic: Call to Action: Archive EVERYTHING!  (Read 18533 times)

cptbarcode

• Minion
Re: Call to Action: Archive EVERYTHING!
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 04:23:13 AM »
I notice that the Praetorian Crusader arcs aren't done yet --  I'll work on those.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 05:37:05 AM »
I'm not sure if this is something that merits being put into the archives, but we took out two Ritki dropships last night on Freedom.

I recorded both take downs with FRAPS and the second one as demo file.

If you'd be interested in the demo file, let me know where to send it.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 06:21:27 AM »
Strangely enough, it turns out I had a toon sitting on the SaveStates arc that was in that brief window of time before Going Rogue and Who Will Die.  So I am demoing all of the mishes between saving Statesman and the end of the arc.  Which is quite a few, as it happens.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
X
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 12:21:02 PM »
Okay, I'm working Tips like a madman, getting screenies and demos of everything I can. I've taken several gigs of demos since the announcement, which I'll be happy to share once things settle down.
What I'm working on currently is getting all the missing tip info for the wiki:
20-29 Rogue Island tips for Villain/Rogues demoed all, screenies for missing Rogue info
20-29 Rogue Morality mission done
30-39 Rogue Island tips for Villain/Rogues about half done
20-29 Hero Morality (probably done--doing this from memory)
30-39 Hero Morality mission done

Next on my agenda is trying to grab as many tourist tips as I can in the 30-39 range, both sides.

Thank you!  I got quite a lot of the medium level tips so you could save a bit of effort and redirect to another.  See the document.  In particular if you collected tourist lowbies!

The only contact I have yet to run through is Sgt. Schorr for Rogues (logging in to the game right now to work on that). Then everything will effectively be done for mission content released since Issue 21, aside from the previously-mentioned male runthrough of Mr. G.

It's been a busy six weeks or so:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5283.msg68606.html#msg68606

If I can get this knocked out tonight, that'll give me three evenings to work on my one last major archive project. (Fingers crossed!)

T-minus 77.5 hours and counting...

Demorecords or exclusively text content you collected?  How impressive!

I notice that the Praetorian Crusader arcs aren't done yet --  I'll work on those.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is something that merits being put into the archives, but we took out two Ritki dropships last night on Freedom.

I recorded both take downs with FRAPS and the second one as demo file.

If you'd be interested in the demo file, let me know where to send it.

It definitely merits!

Strangely enough, it turns out I had a toon sitting on the SaveStates arc that was in that brief window of time before Going Rogue and Who Will Die.  So I am demoing all of the mishes between saving Statesman and the end of the arc.  Which is quite a few, as it happens.

Excellent!

Do any have the legacy version?

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:23 PM »
With french project called "RECITS" (his goal : recovering missions texts by advanced copy-past before the end of french and german localizations), we used 2 softwares : CoXlog Reader and Capture2Text.

You can try to understand (with google translate for instance) our method here : http://equilibre-coh.xooit.fr/t1080-Contribuez-au-projet-R-E-C-I-T-S.htm
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 02:06:27 PM by John Phaser »

mikenovember

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »
I have a few very old story Arc's I've kept from days gone by that I'll be running with /demorecord and I've posted links on Facebook for people to do the same. 

This isn't good bye, it's just a very extended log out. 

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 03:33:23 AM »
Not that I think anyone's gonna run out and do them all in the next few days, but I should have all (or almost all) of the door missions from all 4 Shadow Shard TFs (run in the last month, so updated Mother Mayhem's in the mix).

Got a bunch of other stuff that might be interesting to someone: Rularuu invasions in AP, TI, and SC, a little 5th Column vs. Council action on the streets, end of COV beta, door missions from red and blue side Holiday event December '05... Plenty of time to talk about that stuff later, I guess.

20-29 Rogue Island tips for Villains/Rogues: COMPLETE
30-39 Rogue Island tips for Villains/Rogues: 4 tips to go (3 queued for today, minimum)
20-29 Paragon Tourist tips for Rogues: 9 tips out of 10* queued for today
              *Private Punishment dropped for me as a tourist tip, heroic options only
30-39 Paragon Tourist tips for Rogues: switching today to start this

I'd have updated the document to reflect this, but getting no love from this machine at work.

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 05:10:41 AM »
I probably missed this somewhere but where to I send/submit demorecord files?

I just recorded Matthew Hashaby, it was listed as one not saved yet.

Scrapperlock in ten... nine...

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
It's not just the forums and website that need to be archived; everything from Facebook and twitch.tv, and other sites: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=4429140#post4429140
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 03:10:03 AM »
Alas, I haven't had time - all I can do now is archive my characters. I'm going to try to take a trip to Croatoa, now, though.

Keiphy

• Underling
  • @Keiphy
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 05:15:39 AM »
Ok, i must admit i am slightly confused between this topic and the "Call To Action: The Community Media Project". If i have something done, let's say an Incarnate Trial (why are they mixed under Hauard, TF, Etc.?), what do i do then? Upload the demorecord somewhere? Just edit the linked table and wait to be contacted by pm for the actual collection of content?

If i do a mission solo, do i have to do anything to get everything or is it fine to rush? (The last point is about the <origin> 1 legacy arcs, i have some characters that i think can get those, and if someone can tell me EXACTLY what i have to do for them, i can do 1-3 tomorrow, depending on which of my ancient chars qualify.)

I know there is not much time left, but i'd like to contribute in a slightly more organized way than just grabbing demorecords of whatever i happen to be doing.

Edit: Does "Rikti including ship battle" (under events) mean a Mother Ship Raid?

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 10:17:02 AM »
Ok, i must admit i am slightly confused between this topic and the "Call To Action: The Community Media Project". If i have something done, let's say an Incarnate Trial (why are they mixed under Hauard, TF, Etc.?), what do i do then? Upload the demorecord somewhere? Just edit the linked table and wait to be contacted by pm for the actual collection of content?

If i do a mission solo, do i have to do anything to get everything or is it fine to rush? (The last point is about the <origin> 1 legacy arcs, i have some characters that i think can get those, and if someone can tell me EXACTLY what i have to do for them, i can do 1-3 tomorrow, depending on which of my ancient chars qualify.)

I know there is not much time left, but i'd like to contribute in a slightly more organized way than just grabbing demorecords of whatever i happen to be doing.

Edit: Does "Rikti including ship battle" (under events) mean a Mother Ship Raid?

You can rush though if you at least aggro any groups who have npc dialogue it could help.

EXACTLY get it running the moment you enter a mission map though if no NPCs trigger speech it could be any point of the mission.  Always use unique name.

Just add a note and we organize the collection later.

Valjean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
The photos on the COH Facebook page should be archived too, if anyone knows how to do that.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 05:34:01 PM »
If anyone has time i was recording the character creater, each part then rotate but i only got male heads, hair, detail 1 and ears done before all the madness started with johnny and dad....if anyone has time, please record all the character creater stuff with turns so we can see it later...my recorder sucks too cuase it's hypercam so if you have time redo what i did too.

Keiphy

• Underling
  • @Keiphy
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 08:01:23 PM »
[...]

Thx  - I haven't checked all chars yet, but i only have chars in atlas that might qualify, and no science/technology origins.

cptbarcode

• Minion
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 06:30:14 AM »

Got most everything; I might've missed a segment or two of video along the way, because I'm not used to this, but ran through Crusaders from start to finish.

Keiphy

• Underling
  • @Keiphy
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »
Ok guys, I just pulled an allnighter, so I may not be 100% coherent atm and I expect to experience some kind of rl end crash rather soon. I have added the highlights of my collection in the google doc, feel free to sort it for me, otherwise I'll try and do it some time tomorrow;
I still haven't looked too closely into it and how it is structured. Overall, I have a very large number of demorecords especially for trials, but many of them are redundant.
They are also minimalistically labeled, it will most likely take me some time to properly sort them. I'll keep watching this for now, just don't expect me to be very active in the next 24h or so ;).

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »
If anyone has time i was recording the character creater, each part then rotate but i only got male heads, hair, detail 1 and ears done before all the madness started with johnny and dad....if anyone has time, please record all the character creater stuff with turns so we can see it later...my recorder sucks too cuase it's hypercam so if you have time redo what i did too.

The last big project that I wanted to tackle was archiving images of the costume pieces for inclusion in the Costumes article. That's why I wanted to get all of the contact/mission updates done a few days before Nov. 30 so I'd have enough time to do it.

I had only started grabbing screenshots of costume pieces Wednesday night after Arcana's beta server event, and by Thursday night I had over 1,300 after going through male/female head options, auras, and wings. The process was made trickier by the fact that some of the parts (Halloween, Freedom Freebies) were only unlocked on live, and other parts were not visible on the costume creator, but only in the costume 'editor' on specific characters.

Yesterday, the only thing I could think about at work was how efficiently and quickly I could get home and get started working on completing them. Once I finally did get started, I ended up spending the last eleven hours before shutdown on a "[PrtSc] --> Ctrl-V --> Save As" binge. I specifically decided to hold off on weapon customization pieces because I wanted to get regular costume pieces first. Nor did I have time to get shots of complete sets that weren't on the preselected list. Otherwise, I think I got everything... except, as I'm just remembering now, any parts for VEATS - *sigh* - and finished up at 2:45AM EST. At that point, I logged into live to spend the last few minutes of the game with other folks and be there for the end.

So now I'm left with a 2.6GB collection of over 3,700 costume piece screenshots that need to be cropped, uploaded, and worked into some kind of article format. Since these are just static pics out of the costume creator screen, and I was concerned about efficiency of time, most of them don't have views from the back. However, it's no different than most of the images of costume pieces that are already uploaded.

Little-known fact: The Post Apocalyptic set was visible in the costume creator at the end, but wasn't listed on the Paragon Market to purchase. I know there were weapon customizations available for it because I saw one katana option that looked like a four-foot-long chainsaw blade. Sadly, I won't have pics of them.

Edit: Just realized I also forgot to grab pics of animal feet. Grr...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:05:24 PM by Blondeshell »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 07:27:11 PM »
What you did manage to do is more than anyone could ask of you on the last day of the game, Blondeshell.  Don't sweat the things you weren't able to grab.  I know it's not going to make a difference to say that, because I'd be forever annoyed by something like that too, but just the same, we all appreciate what you were able to save off.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2012, 08:36:24 PM »
My name is Janessa (Global JanessaVR, active on Protector and Virtue).  Ever since the shutdown was announced, archiving was my top priority.  Despite having to work 12-14 hour days (I could frequently not be able to log into CoH Mon thru Thu nights due to needing some sleep), I've used BandiCam (and some Fraps) to record everything I could.  I've burned the candle at both ends and driven myself to the edge of total physical and emotional collapse for 3 months (really, ask my friends if Janessa's been a total bitch for 3 months straight!).  The results:  810 recordings comprising 1,540 GB; I had to buy a 2TB external HD recently.

I primarily focused on Praetoria (including First Ward and Night Ward), Croatoa, and any Oranbega story arcs.  I tried getting lots of little things as well - character creation blue and redside, working with Paragon Rewards, Paragon Market, Wentworths, etc.  And that's just off the top of my head.  It will take sometime to sort thru it all.  I also did zone tours at the end, but unfortunately ran out of time and didn't get a few.  For the last 2 weeks I took off early from work every night (burning additional vacation time) - filmed all through Thanksgiving / the day after and last weekend, and took vaction Thu and Fri this week as well, filming non-stop with only 6.5 hours sleep Thu night up until The End.

For what it's worth.  This was my part.

Video Recording Specs:
MPEG-1 (VBR)
Full Size, 60 fps, 100q

Audio Recording Specs:
MPEG-1 L2
48KHz, stereo, 192kbps

I'm *very* sorry I could not get more.  If I had a job with fewer hours, I would have gotten TWICE as much, at least.  But I'm a Developer DBA and that makes me "always on duty" for everything including desktop tech support for a small firm.

Today, I'm resting and recovering...though I didn't get much sleep last night.  It's like someone chopped off an arm or a leg...I feel crippled now and I'm not sure what to do with the rest of my life.

Janessa
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:01:22 PM by JanessaVR »