Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 203288 times)

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #1540 on: January 07, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »
YAY!  I was on Justice, too.  :)

Well, still am, I reckon, deep down.  I took the one screen shot, flew around various maps, and realized I couldn't do this just yet.  :(

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #1541 on: January 07, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »
I know.  I did a quite a few of your AE missions.  They were really, really good.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1542 on: January 07, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »
You did?  Very cool.  :)  That's the first I've heard of someone saying such.  Do you remember which ones you ran?

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #1543 on: January 07, 2014, 09:13:15 PM »
The Penguin one.  And another one but I don't remember what it was about.

Fescu

• Minion
« Reply #1544 on: May 26, 2014, 12:38:13 AM »
Are there any emotes for Arachnos truncheons? I write stories and like using pictures, so that would be incredibly helpful. Thank you everyone who put this together.
Speech is given, silence is earned.

jtessier3

• Underling
« Reply #1545 on: June 02, 2014, 06:06:52 PM »
Ok, I've had Icon for the past year and have gotten some good ideas for drawing new characters for my own purposes, however...  I have not been able to get into Paragon City at all.  I downloaded the client with I24 data, I believe and just cant get into Paragon.

Will someone help me?

Jim

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1546 on: June 02, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »
Ok, I've had Icon for the past year and have gotten some good ideas for drawing new characters for my own purposes, however...  I have not been able to get into Paragon City at all.  I downloaded the client with I24 data, I believe and just cant get into Paragon.

Will someone help me?

Jim
Did you read this?

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon

EerieStriker

• Underling
« Reply #1547 on: June 07, 2014, 02:39:13 PM »
So we can't fight NPCs on Icon? Is there a reason why? Also we can't become level 30s? Is there a reason why? I at least thought this functioned like the test server

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #1548 on: June 07, 2014, 03:08:31 PM »
I at least thought this functioned like the test server
It doesn't. The game requires a server connection for powers, combat, NPC AI and so on. Icon does not provide that and never will. All it does - and all it was ever meant to do - is allowing you to create a character and run (or fly) around the zones.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #1549 on: June 07, 2014, 10:20:45 PM »
So we can't fight NPCs on Icon? Is there a reason why? Also we can't become level 30s? Is there a reason why? I at least thought this functioned like the test server

ICON is a work-around that allows you to access a number of functions of the Client software since there isn't any server.  Codewalker built a framework software that would allow access to the Character Creator functions of the Client, then to the map displays, then he tweaked some code to let your characters move around in the map and a tweak to the move function that lets you think you're using the game's "fly" power.  Then he got the NPC's that are permanently on the maps to appear and do their normal passive routines (clearing their throats, shifting stance).  Then to create NPC's anywhere, etc.

All this was because that functionality is built into Client.   Everything else in the game, like powers, NPC movements, etc was handled by the Server and until a Server emulator exists or the game is restored, those functions will be unavailable.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1550 on: June 07, 2014, 11:39:52 PM »
You didn't read the first post, huh? ;) :p
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

skippy7721

• Minion
« Reply #1551 on: June 09, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »
ICON is a work-around that allows you to access a number of functions of the Client software since there isn't any server.  Codewalker built a framework software that would allow access to the Character Creator functions of the Client, then to the map displays, then he tweaked some code to let your characters move around in the map and a tweak to the move function that lets you think you're using the game's "fly" power.  Then he got the NPC's that are permanently on the maps to appear and do their normal passive routines (clearing their throats, shifting stance).  Then to create NPC's anywhere, etc.

All this was because that functionality is built into Client.   Everything else in the game, like powers, NPC movements, etc was handled by the Server and until a Server emulator exists or the game is restored, those functions will be unavailable.

That being said...has anyone recreated say... Atlas Park with those passive routines completely restored? Is having an NPC walking consider a passive routine? I think it would be really cool to see Atlas Park alive again even if those NPCs routes were completely restored via some looping code.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1552 on: June 09, 2014, 02:46:44 PM »
All NPCs were controlled by the server. They can't be restored from the client alone.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #1553 on: June 09, 2014, 06:50:12 PM »
All NPCs were controlled by the server. They can't be restored from the client alone.

BTW I just want to shout-out COH for how nicely built it's NPC AI operations were -- especially the victims and gangs.  I don't ever recall seeing a gang re-instance in my view (until those weird Atlas Park Hellions and Skulls mission areas in the last few releases) which I really came to appreciate when I tried to play Champions Online. 

It gave street-sweeping a greater sense of accomplishment.  And the behavior of those victims -- chasing you down, delivering thanks (or snark), then actively avoiding you while looking for the most convenient exit point (or eventually fading out if they couldn't find one, I chased some down enough to see that) -- that was some pretty sweet coding.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1554 on: June 12, 2014, 03:45:53 AM »

Depressing but I never thought I would ever be able to be in Atlas or Steel or anything again, so ICON is a blessing in that regard.

I always wondered how much was server side and hoe much client, now I know.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1555 on: July 22, 2014, 09:30:34 AM »
I was wondering if there was a Lady Winter avatar for /be_npc I didn't see her on the list.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #1556 on: July 22, 2014, 02:41:33 PM »
I was wondering if there was a Lady Winter avatar for /be_npc I didn't see her on the list.

From the looks of it, you could probably create her costume yourself: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/File:LadyWinter.png
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1557 on: July 23, 2014, 03:56:27 AM »

I don't remember what format the /be_npc command requires, but you might try "WinterHorde_Lady_Winter" or "Miss_December".

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #1558 on: July 23, 2014, 04:01:10 AM »
From the looks of it, you could probably create her costume yourself

You would need to be running Icon with the NPC pieces unlocked for her dress and boots.  The main trick would be getting her colors correct. Odd, I'm not seeing a model for her in the list of NPC's I have.  :-\

(edit: There is a 'Miss_December' character model.  Is that her?)
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1559 on: July 23, 2014, 04:16:35 AM »
I don't remember what format the /be_npc command requires, but you might try "WinterHorde_Lady_Winter" or "Miss_December".

Thanks, it was Miss_December