Author Topic: Where is the costume folder?  (Read 3080 times)

T-Manster

• Underling
Where is the costume folder?
« on: February 04, 2017, 10:05:52 PM »
I was feeling great about PC then my system crashed and I had to rebuild. While I lost some of my data (have to go get all those badges again) I still have some .costume files. That being said I cannot get them to load, where should I put the folder?  I have created a new character trying to create the costume location but I can't find it. What is a .PowerCust file?
Any suggestions?

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: Where is the costume folder?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 10:11:15 PM »
Quick answer: If you find your main City of Heroes folder (the one that includes the \piggs subfolder), there would also be \costumes and \PowerCust subfolders where those files would be stored. (PowerCust = power customization)

T-Manster

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 10:23:48 PM »
That is what I thought, but I can't find the costume I created with a new toon, although the powercust file is present in the PowerCust folder. I dropped my .costume files in the costume folder but they do not show up in the character select of the game.  Any other ideas ?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »
In the login window where you enter your username and password, there are 4 buttons at the bottom. One of them is a blue folder. Click on that and it will open up explorer to the location that Paragon Chat is installed.

Inside that folder, there should be a 'Costumes' folder. Copy them in there.

T-Manster

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 11:51:54 PM »
Thanks. I was able to bring them in.