Author Topic: Paragon Chat download error  (Read 2554 times)

Crunchee

• Underling
Paragon Chat download error
« on: April 08, 2017, 04:00:49 AM »
When I click Install on the Paragon Chat installation tool I get the following error:
"An error occurred while attempting to download Paragon Chat. Please ensure that you have an internet connection. This may also be caused by server issues, in which case you can try again later. If you encounter this message repeatedly, please post in the Paragon Chat forums..."

Can anyone help me resolve this please?
Thanks

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat download error
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 05:45:27 AM »
Probably Anti-Virus or Software Filtering.  Check this thread out.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Crunchee

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 02:48:32 PM »
I tried adding all the related .exe files I could find to the exception list, then I disabled my antivirus (as best I can, can't turn Bitdefender off completely), but I still get the same error message.
In the link you showed me, he has paragonchatclient.exe from the Appdata\Roaming\ParagonChat\Bin folder added to his exceptions, but my Bin folder is empty, so I can't select that file to be an exception. Not sure if that matters at this point, as nothing seems to download.

Crunchee

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 03:24:45 PM »
So I've been able to get paragon chat to install. I tried rebooting my computer and launched tequila as soon as I could (before my antivirus started) and it worked fine.
Now I'm at the login screen for Paragon Chat and it doesn't like my XMPP account info.
Crunchee@chat.cohtitan.com / password for the titan network (which I know works as I used it to login to post this).
Any thoughts?

Crunchee

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 04:11:28 PM »
I think I got it to work now.
Thanks for your help.