Author Topic: Wildstar is closing.  (Read 5201 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Wildstar is closing.
« on: September 07, 2018, 02:01:05 AM »
This doesn't make me happy to report this, but Wildstar and Carbine Studios are no more.  :-[
https://massivelyop.com/2018/09/06/wildstar-and-carbine-are-shutting-down/

The game is still live, but all transactions are frozen and all purchases from July 1st forward will be refunded.  No shutdown date has been announced yet.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Wildstar is closing.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:25:11 PM »
Go go NCSoft!
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 11:43:30 PM »
I tried Wildstar a few times. I wanted to like the game because it did have some things I thought they did well. I just couldn't get into it for various reasons. I've known people who've had the same experience. I know they've made some progress trying to turn the game around since it went free to play, but I'm honestly surprised it took this long for NCSoft to drop the axe.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 11:48:51 PM »
I recognize the name but I never tried the game. When I saw NCSoft was involved I of course had to give them a jab due to, well, you know. They suck @ss.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

c-0

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 08:55:10 AM »
I ended up really, really loving Wildstar.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 03:02:38 AM »
I just heard about this news earlier today.

Truthfully, I never played Wildstar - and based off of what I'm reading on Massively, the game had some mixed reviews. But I'm sure there were other people who love Wildstar just as much as we love COH, who are just as heartbroken over this as we once were / still are.

I guess my question is... is this normal? I feel like this has happened with NCSoft more than just a few times now. Does this happen with other gaming studios as frequently? I hate NCSoft for what they did to City of Heroes, but I will say that I always thought they released fairly strong gaming titles - even after they axed COH.
Viva la Virtue!

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 12:29:01 AM »
Doc Artz

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 08:35:58 PM »
I hate NCSoft for what they did to City of Heroes, but I will say that I always thought they released fairly strong gaming titles - even after they axed COH.

I'll never know. You'll never catch me in another NCSoft game. Last thing I remember from NCSoft, is, "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED". Well, same to them.
Some Faves:

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 12:41:54 AM »
I ended up really, really loving Wildstar.

I was watching development for the game and it looked different and interesting.  I felt like it was off, but going to be fun and would give it a try... until, well, you know NcSoft through me away as a customer.

DBadger

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 06:02:16 AM »
obviously late November is MMO culling season for NCSoft, it will close Nov 28