Author Topic: Way to go, Seahawks! :)  (Read 11194 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Way to go, Seahawks! :)
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 07:28:30 PM »
Russell Wilson is going to play baseball, also. Wonder if he'll be back to play with tourists.

Heh, what do you think the odds are that he can be the only person to ever win both a Super Bowl and a World Series?

:o 8) :o

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2014, 08:44:33 PM »
I picked the Seahawks to win 38-24 with a couple of interceptions, 1 returned for a touchdown and a kickoff/punt return for a td. Bold and nearly accurate predictions on my part,  but MY WORD!! I had NO idea they would be THAT dominant!! Well dome Seahawks! I'm glad, as a New Yorker, that we hosted the Seahawks first Super Bowl win! I went into NYC the day before to experience Super Bowl Boulevard. the place was packed! You could hardly move around, but it was fun. the energy and excitement was in the air even though the Giants weren't in it. I'm hoping after the success the NFL had of having a super Bowl here, we get another one in the next few years or so.
But again, congratulations Seahwaks and their loyal fans! Well deserved championship!

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2014, 11:20:18 PM »
I picked the Seahawks to win 38-24 with a couple of interceptions, 1 returned for a touchdown and a kickoff/punt return for a td. Bold and nearly accurate predictions on my part,  but MY WORD!! I had NO idea they would be THAT dominant!!

The Amazing Kreskin got closer than you did.

:P

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 06:17:24 PM »
Didn't even see this thread till now.  It was such a curbstomper....:(.  Even a few who were rootin for the seahawks felt somewhat disappointed the bronco's couldn't do anything, it's like the seahawks had a super speeder and a time manip among them....and a bunch of teleporters....
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 07:59:56 PM »
Wow.  I haven't seen a drubbing that bad since Superbowl 27!

Basically they join a fairly sizeable rank of one-sided Superbowls.

27, 24, 22, 20, 18 and Superbowl 1.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 08:17:38 PM »
Heh, what do you think the odds are that he can be the only person to ever win both a Super Bowl and a World Series?

:o 8) :o

Would be pretty cool if it happened!

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 12:01:01 AM »
... the bronco's couldn't do anything, it's like the seahawks had a super speeder and a time manip among them....and a bunch of teleporters....

Maybe this had something to do with that.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2014, 12:40:46 PM »
Maybe this had something to do with that.

It's possible that's a smokescreen. I remember back many years ago when Chicago claimed to have cracked another QB's (Dan Fouts' ?) signals, what they actually noticed was that he stood slightly differently for run and pass plays (source: one of Jim McMahon's autobiographies). If you actually cracked the signals, you'd say nothing and use it again next year.

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 01:07:47 PM »
the energy and excitement was in the air even though the Giants weren't in it.

Giants? I always thought Jets were the best NYC team.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 02:45:32 PM »
Giants? I always thought Jets were the best NYC team.

Doesn't really matter, both of them weren't good this year.

AlabasterKnight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2014, 03:01:30 PM »
If you actually cracked the signals, you'd say nothing and use it again next year.

Unless in your victorious hubris you were gloating. Never seen Sherman do that.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2014, 03:33:12 PM »
Unless in your victorious hubris you were gloating. Never seen Sherman do that.

Fair comment, but although he has plenty of that, my suspicion is that he actually plays pretty smart even if he doesn't always act that way.