Author Topic: What'd happened the last couple months?  (Read 3934 times)

ahmpizzedoff

• Minion
What'd happened the last couple months?
« on: April 30, 2014, 05:03:58 PM »
A hard drive crash combined with a laptop suicidal destruction has kept me out of touch for the last couple months until I could buy a new one.

How are things with CoH coming back, or being picked up by someone? Has NCSoft made any comments or shown any impression of changing their minds and letting CoH be reborn? Have to go to the boards and see how things are progressing. Just wanted to get a quick idea here of what's going on.
Keeper of the toons from the SG, Sugar Coated Suicide, Freedom
Older'n Dirt and proud of it!

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
Re: What'd happened the last couple months?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:36:21 PM »
The spiritual successor projects seem to be coming along well, and of course we just celebrated what should've been CoH's 10th anniversary, but that's it as far as I know.

Blue Cloak

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:47:02 PM »
There is some rumbling that some is is actually in talks with NCsoft about buying at least the CoH ip.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:49:41 PM »
Yes, there is a team that is working to buy the game. They have a price, a contact and a meeting scheduled. Everything else is still up in the air.

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 02:33:15 PM »
Yes, there is a team that is working to buy the game. They have a price, a contact and a meeting scheduled. Everything else is still up in the air.
What if anything happened at this meeting?
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 03:09:05 PM »
What if anything happened at this meeting?
The meeting hasn't happened yet, and Ironwolf posted elsewhere that he doesn't know the exact date that it's happening, but he did post that as soon as it's happened and things have been decided one way or another the group currently looking to buy the game will post here to let us know. All we can do for the moment is wait for that news.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 06:23:17 PM »
The meeting hasn't happened yet, and Ironwolf posted elsewhere that he doesn't know the exact date that it's happening, but he did post that as soon as it's happened and things have been decided one way or another the group currently looking to buy the game will post here to let us know. All we can do for the moment is wait for that news.
I'll wait with bated breath then
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 05:49:07 PM »

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 06:23:55 PM »

YES!!!!!! :)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 01:33:14 PM »
The negotiations could take a while but they are working on it, real soon!

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 06:19:31 AM »
In case you haven't stumbled across it yet, it's the "New Efforts!" thread under the "Task Force Hail Mary" section.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

microc

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 02:10:35 AM »
to the op if your still want to run around coh download i23 r i24 file and icon. you wont be able to level or fight but yu can run around the maps and make new costumes.

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 07:03:40 AM »

*COFFEESPIT*

WHAT?!

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 02:35:10 PM »
Yes, an effort is under way to buy the game. It isn't going to be a one meeting - here's the check can we have the DVD's - thanks game is running sort of thing.

It will take some time to hash out the details and convince NCSoft that the group can indeed support and develop the game. The first meeting is normally in business the do you have the money check. Ok, you have the money now what are your plans with the game? Will NCSoft want a deal like they did with Cryptic where they have a partnership for 2 years?

All sorts of questions like that. It will take time likely months before the deal can be closed. The good news is - the conversations are still ongoing. In the past other companies pulled out because of the delays. This is the way big companies work.

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 05:56:38 PM »
That NCSoft is even in negotiations is beyond my most sanguine of expectations for the future of CoH.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 10:49:09 PM »
Yes, an effort is under way to buy the game. It isn't going to be a one meeting - here's the check can we have the DVD's - thanks game is running sort of thing.

Sorry to ask this, but the dvds are those the game disks? unopened or otherwise?
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 02:20:32 AM »
Sorry to ask this, but the dvds are those the game disks? unopened or otherwise?

While most of the game disks were DVDs, I think the reference was to data backups from NCsoft's archives.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 02:51:19 AM »
While most of the game disks were DVDs, I think the reference was to data backups from NCsoft's archives.
ah thank you for clearing this up for me.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 04:03:44 AM »
Months...

So.... December, in time for festivites of candy canes?

Wouldn't that be the sweetest thing...  *crosses fingers*

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 05:32:38 PM »
That would make for an awesome loaded Holiday season.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms